Definitions for Rapereɪp
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Rape
rape, colza, Brassica napus(noun)
Eurasian plant cultivated for its seed and as a forage crop
the act of despoiling a country in warfare
rape, violation, assault, ravishment(verb)
the crime of forcing a woman to submit to sexual intercourse against her will
rape, ravish, violate, assault, dishonor, dishonour, outrage(verb)
force (someone) to have sex against their will
"The woman was raped on her way home at night"
rape, spoil, despoil, violate, plunder(verb)
destroy and strip of its possession
"The soldiers raped the beautiful country"
(Fig., Colloq.) An action causing results harmful to a person or thing; as, the rape of the land by mining companies.
(Fig., Colloq.) To perform an action causing results harmful or very unpleasant to a person or thing; as, women raped first by their assailants, and then by the Justice system. Corresponds to 2nd rape, n. 5.
fruit, as grapes, plucked from the cluster
the refuse stems and skins of grapes or raisins from which the must has been expressed in wine making
a filter containing the above refuse, used in clarifying and perfecting malt, vinegar, etc
the act of seizing and carrying away by force; violent seizure; robbery
sexual connection with a woman without her consent. See Age of consent, under Consent, n
that which is snatched away
movement, as in snatching; haste; hurry
to commit rape upon; to ravish
to rob; to pillage
one of six divisions of the county of Sussex, England, intermediate between a hundred and a shire
a name given to a variety or to varieties of a plant of the turnip kind, grown for seeds and herbage. The seeds are used for the production of rape oil, and to a limited extent for the food of cage birds
Origin: [L. rapa, rapum, akin to Gr. "ra`pys, "ra`fys, G. rbe.]
Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse, which is initiated by one or more persons against another person without that person's consent. The act may be carried out by physical force, coercion, abuse of authority or with a person who is incapable of valid consent, such as one who is unconscious, incapacitated, or below the legal age of consent. The term is most often defined in criminal law. Internationally, the incidence of rapes recorded by the police during 2008 varied between 0.1 in Egypt per 100,000 people and 91.6 per 100,000 people in Lesotho with 4.9 per 100,000 people in Lithuania as the median. According to the American Medical Association, sexual violence, and rape in particular, is considered the most underreported violent crime. The rate of reporting, prosecution and convictions for rape varies considerably in different jurisdictions. The U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics estimated that 91% of U.S. rape victims are female and 9% are male, with 99% of the offenders being male. Rape by strangers is usually less common than rape by persons the victim knows, and several studies argue that male-male and female-female prison rape are quite common and may be the least reported forms of rape.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
rāp, n. the act of seizing and carrying away by force: carnal knowledge of a woman without her consent.—adj. Rape′ful, given to violence or lust. [M. E. rapen, to haste, a variant of rappen, to seize, confused with L. rapĕre, to snatch.]
rāp, n. a division of the county of Sussex, greater than the hundred. [Ice. hreppr, district.]
rāp, n. a plant nearly allied to the turnip, cultivated for its herbage and oil-producing seeds: cole-seed.—ns. Rape′-cake, cake made of the refuse, after the oil has been expressed from the rape-seed; Rape′-oil, oil obtained from rape-seed; Rape′-seed, the seed of the rape, cole-seed. [Through Fr. from L. rapa, rapum, a turnip; cog. with Gr. rhapys.]
rāp, n. the stalk and skin of grapes.
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. To screw someone or something, violently; in particular, to destroy a program or information irrecoverably. Often used in describing file-system damage. “So-and-so was running a program that did absolute disk I/O and ended up raping the master directory.” 2. To strip a piece of hardware for parts. 3. [CMU/Pitt] To mass-copy files from an anonymous ftp site. “Last night I raped Simtel's dskutl directory.”
U.S. National Library of Medicine
Unlawful sexual intercourse without consent of the victim.
A type of cultivar, plant and seed created and cultivated in various colors and species, used for a variety of purposes.
Rape is collected and transformed into rape seed oil, animal feeds and biodiesel.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Rape' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #4754
Rank popularity for the word 'Rape' in Nouns Frequency: #1850
The numerical value of Rape in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of Rape in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.
We have rudiments of reverence for the human body, but we consider as nothing the rape of the human mind.
The good writers touch life often. The mediocre ones run a quick hand over her. The bad ones rape her and leave her for the flies.
If you let a bully come in your front yard, he'll be on your porch the next day and the day after that he'll rape your wife in your own bed. (On appeasement)
In search of medical indications about receiving rape victims for treatment, we found none, this reassured us that no rape of any woman in the area of Tabit took place.
Images & Illustrations of Rape
Translations for Rape
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- verkragting, verkragAfrikaans
- اغتصب, غصب, اغتصابArabic
- гвалтаваць, згвалтаванне, згвалтавацьBelarusian
- изнасилване, изнасилвамBulgarian
- violacióCatalan, Valencian
- znásilnit, znásilněníCzech
- treisio, traisWelsh
- voldtage, voldtægtDanish
- schänden, Vergewaltigung, vergewaltigenGerman
- ασελγώ, βιασμός, κακοποιώ, βιάζωGreek
- violación, violarSpanish
- vägistamine, vägistama, vägistusEstonian
- تجاوز جنسی, تجاوز کردن, تجاوز, تجاوز به عنفPersian
- raiskaus, terttu, väkisinmakaaminen, raiskataFinnish
- neyðtaka, neyðtøkaFaroese
- violer, viol, piraterFrench
- èigneachadh, èignichScottish Gaelic
- erőszakos közösülés, megerőszakolHungarian
- բռնաբարել, բռնաբարությունArmenian
- stupro, violar, stuprar, violationInterlingua
- memerkosa, pemerkosaanIndonesian
- valda spjöllum á, spilla, nauðgun, nauðgaIcelandic
- violare, stupro, stuprare, violento, violentareItalian
- 手篭, 強姦, レイプ, 手込めにする, 暴行, 手篭にする, 犯す, 手込めJapanese
- pāhera, pāwheraMāori
- силува, силувањеMacedonian
- बलात्कार करणेMarathi
- voldtekt, voldtaNorwegian
- verkrachten, verkrachting, schendenDutch
- valdtekt, valdtaNorwegian Nynorsk
- gwałcić, zgwałcić, naruszyć, gwałtPolish
- estupro, violentar, estuprarPortuguese
- răpi, viol, viola, răpireRomanian
- изнасиловать, изнасилование, насиловатьRussian
- sȉlovānje, silovati, силовање, силоватиSerbo-Croatian
- znásilnenie, znásilniťSlovak
- posilstvo, posilitiSlovene
- përdhunoj, përdhunimAlbanian
- våldtäkt, våldtaSwedish
- మానభంగం చేయు, మానభంగంTelugu
- gahasa, reypTagalog
- ırza tecavüz, tecavüz etmek, ırza geçme, zor kullanmakTurkish
- згвалтування, зґвалтувати, згвалтувати, ґвалтувати, гвалтувати, зґвалтуванняUkrainian
- cưỡng hiếp, cưỡng dâmVietnamese
Get even more translations for Rape »
Find a translation for the Rape definition in other languages:
Select another language: