Definitions for REMEMBERrɪˈmɛm bər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word REMEMBER
remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, think(verb)
recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
"I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
remember, think of(verb)
keep in mind for attention or consideration
"Remember the Alamo"; "Remember to call your mother every day!"; "Think of the starving children in India!"
remember, think back(verb)
recapture the past; indulge in memories
"he remembered how he used to pick flowers"
show appreciation to
"He remembered her in his will"
mention favorably, as in prayer
"remember me in your prayers"
mention as by way of greeting or to indicate friendship
"Remember me to your wife"
exercise, or have the power of, memory
"After the shelling, many people lost the ability to remember"; "some remember better than others"
call to remembrance; keep alive the memory of someone or something, as in a ceremony
"We remembered the 50th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz"; "Remember the dead of the First World War"
To recall from one's memory; to have an image in one's memory.
To memorize; to put something into memory.
Please remember this formula!
To not forget (to do something required)
Remember to lock the door when you go out.
To convey greetings.
Please remember me to your brother.
To put in mind; to remind (also used reflexively)
To engage in the process of recalling memories.
You don't have to remind him, he remembers very well.
Origin: From remembren, from remembrer, from rememorari, from re- + memor, from mer-. Cognate with mimorian, mymerian, mamorian. More at mammer.
to have ( a notion or idea) come into the mind again, as previously perceived, known, or felt; to have a renewed apprehension of; to bring to mind again; to think of again; to recollect; as, I remember the fact; he remembers the events of his childhood; I cannot remember dates
to be capable of recalling when required; to keep in mind; to be continually aware or thoughtful of; to preserve fresh in the memory; to attend to; to think of with gratitude, affection, respect, or any other emotion
to put in mind; to remind; -- also used reflexively and impersonally
to recall to the mind of another, as in the friendly messages, remember me to him, he wishes to be remembered to you, etc
to execise or have the power of memory; as, some remember better than others
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'REMEMBER' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #660
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'REMEMBER' in Written Corpus Frequency: #225
Rank popularity for the word 'REMEMBER' in Verbs Frequency: #82
Translations for REMEMBER
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- استذكر, تذكرArabic
- помніць, памятаць, памянуць, памінацьBelarusian
- মনে রাখাBengali
- དྲནTibetan Standard
- recordar, rememorarCatalan, Valencian
- pamatovat, zapamatovatCzech
- erinnern, merkenGerman
- darse recuerdos, acordar, recordar, memorizar, retenerSpanish
- به یاد داشتن, یاد کردن, به یاد آوردن, یاد آمدنPersian
- muistaa, painaaFinnish
- retenir, se remémorer, se souvenir, se rappeler, rappelerFrench
- is cuimhin leIrish
- cuimhnich, bi cuimhne aig, meòraichScottish Gaelic
- נזכר, זכרHebrew
- याद करनाHindi
- emlékezik, emlékszikHungarian
- հիշել, մտապահելArmenian
- rimembrare, rammemorare, rammentare, ricordareItalian
- 思い出す, 確認する, 覚える, よろしく伝える, 記憶するJapanese
- ზეპირად დასწავლა, დაზეპირება, დამახსოვრება, ხსოვნა, მოკითხვის გადაცემაGeorgian
- есте сақтау, еске алуKazakh
- هێنانه یاد, لهبیربوونKurdish
- унутпоо, эсте тутууKyrgyz
- recordor, memoror, teneo, meminisse, reminiscor, ediscoLatin
- iegaumēt, atcerēties, atminētiesLatvian
- onthouden, gedenken, herinneren, zich herinnerenDutch
- zapamiętać, pamiętaćPolish
- recordar-se, lembrar-se, decorar, memorizar, lembrarPortuguese
- не забывать, помнить, не забыть, вспоминать, напоминать, запоминать, вспомнить, запомнитьRussian
- sjećati, сјећати, sećati, сећатиSerbo-Croatian
- pamätať, spomenúť, zapamätať siSlovak
- zapomniti si, spomniti seSlovene
- minnas, komma ihåg, memoreraSwedish
- дар хотир доштан, ба ёд оварданTajik
- จำได้, จำ, จดจำ, จำไว้Thai
- ýaada salmak, ýatlamakTurkmen
- alalahanin, tandaanTagalog
- öğrenmek, bellemek, anımsamak, hatırlamakTurkish
- یاد کرناUrdu
- yodda tutmoq, eslamoqUzbek
- nhớ, thuộc lòng, thuộcVietnamese
- si rmimbrer, si rapler, si rsovni, si sovniWalloon
Get even more translations for REMEMBER »
Find a translation for the REMEMBER definition in other languages:
Select another language: