Definitions for RASHræʃ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word RASH
rash, roseola, efflorescence, skin rash(noun)
any red eruption of the skin
a series of unexpected and unpleasant occurrences
"a rash of bank robberies"; "a blizzard of lawsuits"
imprudently incurring risk
"do something rash that he will forever repent"- George Meredith
foolhardy, heady, rash, reckless(adj)
marked by defiant disregard for danger or consequences
"foolhardy enough to try to seize the gun from the hijacker"; "became the fiercest and most reckless of partisans"-Macaulay; "a reckless driver"; "a rash attempt to climb Mount Everest"
An area of reddened, irritated, and inflamed skin.
A surge in problems; a spate, string or trend
There has been a rash of vandalism lately.
hasty, not careful or considered.
Origin: From rash, rasch
to pull off or pluck violently
to slash; to hack; to cut; to slice
a fine eruption or efflorescence on the body, with little or no elevation
an inferior kind of silk, or mixture of silk and worsted
sudden in action; quick; hasty
requiring sudden action; pressing; urgent
esp., overhasty in counsel or action; precipitate; resolving or entering on a project or measure without due deliberation and caution; opposed to prudent; said of persons; as, a rash statesman or commander
uttered or undertaken with too much haste or too little reflection; as, rash words; rash measures
so dry as to fall out of the ear with handling, as corn
to prepare with haste
Origin: [OF. rasche an eruption, scurf, F. rache; fr. (assumed) LL. rasicare to scratch, fr. L. radere, rasum, to scrape, scratch, shave. See Rase, and cf. Rascal.]
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It is rash to condemn where you are ignorant.
She never says scarlet fever. She never says rash.
Pass no rash condemnation on other peoples words or actions.
Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash.
My eyes and face were swollen, and I had a rash all over my trunk.
Images & Illustrations of RASH
Translations for RASH
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- طفح جلديArabic
- arrauxatCatalan, Valencian
- vyrážka, zbrklýCzech
- voreilig, Hautausschlag, vorschnellGerman
- inconsiderado, impulsivo, sarpullido, adelantado, eflorescencia, arrojado, erupción, precipitadoSpanish
- aalto, varomaton, ihottuma, ajattelematon, ekseema, hätäinen, sumaFinnish
- éruption, épidémie, hâtif, éruption cutanée, irritation, impulsifFrench
- affrettato, impulsivo, imprudente, frettoloso, precipitosoItalian
- ほっしん, 皮疹, 発疹Japanese
- tūtutupo, kōpukupuku, matauauaMāori
- onbezonnen, uitslag, huiduitslagDutch
- naʼakǫsNavajo, Navaho
- lawina, wysypkaPolish
- erupção, imprudente, precipitado, surto, erupção cutâneaPortuguese
- сыпь, поспешный, опрометчивый, вспышкаRussian
- förhastad, utbrott, utslag, vågSwedish
Get even more translations for RASH »
Find a translation for the RASH definition in other languages:
Select another language: