Definitions for Quadruplekwɒˈdru pəl, -ˈdrʌp əl, ˈkwɒd rʊ pəl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Quadruple
quartet, quartette, quadruplet, quadruple(noun)
a set of four similar things considered as a unit
a quantity that is four times as great as another
quadruple, quadruplicate, quadruplex, fourfold, four-fold(adj)
having four units or components
"quadruple rhythm has four beats per measure"; "quadruplex wire"
quadruple, fourfold, four-fold(verb)
four times as great or many
"a fourfold increase in the dosage"
"His stock earning quadrupled"
To multiply something by four times.
Our profits quadrupled when we made the improvements.
Being four times as long, as big or as many of something.
He's quite an athlete and can do quadruple jumps with ease.
fourfold; as, to make quadruple restitution; a quadruple alliance
four times the sum or number; a fourfold amount; as, to receive to quadruple of the amount in damages
to multiply by four; to increase fourfold; to double; to double twice
to be multiplied by four; to increase fourfold; to become four times as much
Origin: [L. quadruplus, from quattuor four: cf. F. quadruple. See Quadrate, and cf. Double.]
Translations for Quadruple
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- quàdrupleCatalan, Valencian
- Vierfach, vervierfachenGerman
- cuádruple, cuadruplicarSpanish
- چهار برابرPersian
- nelinkertainen, nelinkertaistaaFinnish
- quadruple, quadruplicarInterlingua
- quadruplo, quadruplicare, quadrupliceItalian
- verviervoudigen, viervoudDutch
- kvadruppelt, firedoble, kvadruple, firedobbeltNorwegian
- четверно́й, учетверятьRussian
- fyrdubbel, fyrfaldig, kvadrupelSwedish
Get even more translations for Quadruple »
Find a translation for the Quadruple definition in other languages:
Select another language: