Definitions for PROGRAM
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word PROGRAM
plan, program, programme(noun)
a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished
"they drew up a six-step plan"; "they discussed plans for a new bond issue"
a system of projects or services intended to meet a public need
"he proposed an elaborate program of public works"; "working mothers rely on the day care program"
broadcast, program, programme(noun)
a radio or television show
"did you see his program last night?"
platform, political platform, political program, program(noun)
a document stating the aims and principles of a political party
"their candidate simply ignored the party platform"; "they won the election even though they offered no positive program"
an announcement of the events that will occur as part of a theatrical or sporting event
"you can't tell the players without a program"
course of study, program, programme, curriculum, syllabus(noun)
an integrated course of academic studies
"he was admitted to a new program at the university"
program, programme, computer program, computer programme(noun)
(computer science) a sequence of instructions that a computer can interpret and execute
"the program required several hundred lines of code"
a performance (or series of performances) at a public presentation
"the program lasted more than two hours"
arrange a program of or for
"program the 80th birthday party"
write a computer program
A set of structured activities.
A leaflet listing information about a play, game or other activity.
A performance of a show or other broadcast on radio or television.
: A software application, or a collection of software applications, designed to perform a specific task.
A particular mindset or method of doing things.
To enter a program or other instructions into a computer (or other electronic device) to instruct it to do a particular task.
To put together the schedule of an event.
To cause to automatically behave in a particular way.
Origin: From programme, from programma, from πρόγραμμα, from προγράφω, from πρό +, from γράφω.
same as Programme
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages. 2. An exercise in experimental epistemology. 3. A form of art, ostensibly intended for the instruction of computers, which is nevertheless almost inevitably a failure if other programmers can't understand it.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'PROGRAM' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2549
Rank popularity for the word 'PROGRAM' in Nouns Frequency: #817
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The goal was to dismantle their program.
My program in a nutshell: complete openness.
His concern was keeping the Explorer program going.
Where we are today is that we have a failed program.
We must have a program to learn the way out of prison.
Images & Illustrations of PROGRAM
Translations for PROGRAM
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- program, programmeerAfrikaans
- وضع برنامجًا, برنامج, برمجةArabic
- অনুষ্ঠান, প্রোগ্রামBengali
- programaCatalan, Valencian
- program, programovatCzech
- rhaglen, rhaglennuWelsh
- Programm, programmieren, SendungGerman
- πρόγραμμα, προγραμματίζωGreek
- esitys, ohjelma, ohjelmoida, ohjelmalehtinen, suunnitelma, ehdollistaa, [[suunnitella]] [[ohjelma]]Finnish
- programme, programmer, émission, programmationFrench
- תוכנית, תיכנתHebrew
- प्रोग्राम, क्रमादेश, कार्यक्रमHindi
- program, műsorHungarian
- forrita, tölvuforrit, forritIcelandic
- 算譜, 次第, プログラムを供給する, 番組, 計画, プログラムを作る, プログラム, 提供Japanese
- بهرنامه, پرۆگرامKurdish
- vastleggen, programma, plannen, programmerenDutch
- program, programować, audycjaPolish
- programação, programar, planejar, programa, planearPortuguese
- программа, составлять план, программировать, составлять программу, передача, писать программу, програмкаRussian
- planlägga, program, programmera, planera, mjukvara, utveckla mjukvara, mjukvaruutvecklaSwedish
- โปรแกรม, รายการThai
- program, bağdarlama, izlenceTurkish
- програма, передачаUkrainian
- chương trìnhVietnamese
Get even more translations for PROGRAM »
Find a translation for the PROGRAM definition in other languages:
Select another language: