Definitions for Neighborhoodˈneɪ bərˌhʊd
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Neighborhood
vicinity, locality, neighborhood, neighbourhood, neck of the woods(noun)
a surrounding or nearby region
"the plane crashed in the vicinity of Asheville"; "it is a rugged locality"; "he always blames someone else in the immediate neighborhood"; "I will drop in on you the next time I am in this neck of the woods"
people living near one another
"it is a friendly neighborhood"; "my neighborhood voted for Bush"
the approximate amount of something (usually used prepositionally as in `in the region of')
"it was going to take in the region of two or three months to finish the job"; "the price is in the neighborhood of $100"
an area within a city or town that has some distinctive features (especially one forming a community)
"an ethnic neighborhood"
The quality of being a neighbor, living nearby, next to each-other
Our neighborhood was our only reason to exchange hollow greetings
A nearby area.
The inhabitants of a residential area.
The fire alarmed the neighborhood.
A division of a municipality or region, formally or informally divided
We have just moved to a pleasant neighborhood
The quality of physical proximity.
The slums and the palace were in awful neighborhood.
The disposition becoming a neighbor; neighborly kindness or good will.
The neighborhood of a point x is... (depending on the author):
the quality or condition of being a neighbor; the state of being or dwelling near; proximity
a place near; vicinity; adjoining district; a region the inhabitants of which may be counted as neighbors; as, he lives in my neighborhood
the inhabitants who live in the vicinity of each other; as, the fire alarmed all the neiborhood
the disposition becoming a neighbor; neighborly kindness or good will
The numerical value of Neighborhood in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of Neighborhood in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It's kind of just turned the neighborhood upside down.
Everyone in that neighborhood would have been a suspect.
Try to take for a mate a person of your own neighborhood.
Every man is surrounded by a neighborhood of voluntary spies.
I guess I was simply a brown face in an affluent neighborhood.
Images & Illustrations of Neighborhood
Translations for Neighborhood
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- قرب, جوار, حيArabic
- barriCatalan, Valencian
- sousedstvo, sousedstvíCzech
- omegn, nabolag, kvarterDanish
- Viertel, Stadtteil, Nachbarschaft, Kiez, im Bereich von, ungefähr, Quartier, UmgebungGerman
- περίχωρα, γειτονιά, γειτνίασηGreek
- najbareco, kvartalo, najbaraĵoEsperanto
- colonia, barrio, fraccionamiento, vecindadSpanish
- naabrid, naabrus, ümbruskondEstonian
- lähistö, alue, lähiympäristö, naapuri, kaupunginosa, naapurusto, naapuruus, naapurisopu, kulmakunta, läheisyys, suunnilleen, lähiseutu, ympäristöFinnish
- environs, voisinage, quartierFrench
- coimhearsnachdScottish Gaelic
- szomszédság, környék, szomszédokHungarian
- vicinato, quartiere, vicinanzaItalian
- 近所, 近隣, 周辺Japanese
- 近處, 근처Korean
- комшии, соседи, комшилук, соседствоMacedonian
- nabuurschap, nabijheid, wijk, kwartier, buurtDutch
- boområder, naboer, naboskapNorwegian
- vizinhança, bairroPortuguese
- округа, близость, соседи, окрестности, соседствоRussian
- súsedstvo, су́сједство, súsjedstvo, су́седствоSerbo-Croatian
- grannsämja, närhet, bostadsområde, grannskap, kvarterSwedish
- semt, etraf, mahalle, civar, komşuluk, çevre, konu komşu, mahalleliTurkish
- околиці, сусідство, округаUkrainian
- nilädanef, nilädVolapük
Get even more translations for Neighborhood »
Find a translation for the Neighborhood definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these Neighborhood definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"Neighborhood." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2016. Web. 29 Jul 2016. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/Neighborhood>.