Definitions for Managementˈmæn ɪdʒ mənt
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
man•age•mentˈmæn ɪdʒ mənt(n.)
the act or process of managing.
skill in managing; executive ability.
the persons controlling and directing an enterprise; executives.
such persons considered as a class
Ref: (disting. from labor).
Origin of management:
the act of managing something
"he was given overall management of the program"; "is the direction of the economy a function of government?"
those in charge of running a business
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
management(noun)ˈmæn ɪdʒ mənt
the process of organizing and controlling a business
the management of a huge company
managementˈmæn ɪdʒ mənt
the process of organizing or controlling sth
the management of her medical condition
administration; the process or practice of managing.
The executives of an organisation, especially senior executives.
Judicious use of means to accomplish an end.
Excellent time management helped her succeed in all facets of her life.
the act or art of managing; the manner of treating, directing, carrying on, or using, for a purpose; conduct; administration; guidance; control; as, the management of a family or of a farm; the management of state affairs
business dealing; negotiation; arrangement
judicious use of means to accomplish an end; conduct directed by art or address; skillful treatment; cunning practice; -- often in a bad sense
the collective body of those who manage or direct any enterprise or interest; the board of managers
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. Corporate power elites distinguished primarily by their distance from actual productive work and their chronic failure to manage (see also suit). Spoken derisively, as in “Management decided that ...”. 2. Mythically, a vast bureaucracy responsible for all the world's minor irritations. Hackers' satirical public notices are often signed ‘The Mgt’; this derives from the Illuminatus novels (see the Bibliography in Appendix C).
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
The consequence management activities for all deliberate and inadvertent releases of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high-yield explosives that are undertaken when directed or authorized by the President. Also called CBRNE CM.
Translations for Management
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
the art of managing
The management of this company is a difficult task.
- administraçãoPortuguese (BR)
- řízení, správaCzech
- diee Verwaltung, das ManagementGerman
- ledelse; styringDanish
- διεύθυνση, διοίκηση, διαχείρισηGreek
- dirección, administración, gestiónSpanish
- gestion, administrationFrench
- stjórnun, reksturIcelandic
- gestione, amministrazioneItalian
- valdymas, vadybaLithuanian
- vadīšana; pārzināšanaLatvian
- drift, ledelse, forvaltningNorwegian
- management, conducere; administrareRomanian
- skötsel, ledande, hanterandeSwedish
- 管理Chinese (Trad.)
- việc quản lýVietnamese
- 管理Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for Management »