Definitions for Livelihoodˈlaɪv liˌhʊd
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Livelihood
support, keep, livelihood, living, bread and butter, sustenance(noun)
the financial means whereby one lives
"each child was expected to pay for their keep"; "he applied to the state for support"; "he could no longer earn his own livelihood"
The course of someone's life; a person's lifetime, or their manner of living; conduct, behaviour.
A person's means of supporting himself.
Property which brings in an income; an estate.
subsistence or living, as dependent on some means of support; support of life; maintenance
liveliness; appearance of life
Origin: [OE. livelode, liflode, prop., course of life, life's support, maintenance, fr. AS. lf life + ld road, way, maintenance. Confused with livelihood liveliness. See Life, and Lode.]
Translations for Livelihood
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- živobytí, obživaCzech
- Auskommen, Lebensunterhalt, LebensgrundlageGerman
- toimeentulo, elinkeinoFinnish
- útkoma, lívsbreyð, lívsuppihaldFaroese
- gagne-pain, subsistanceFrench
- viðurværi, lifibrauðIcelandic
- oranga whakangakauMāori
- utkomme, livsoppholdNorwegian
- utkome, livsopphaldNorwegian Nynorsk
- bee hinishnáaniiNavajo, Navaho
- sustento, ganha-pãoPortuguese
Get even more translations for Livelihood »
Find a translation for the Livelihood definition in other languages:
Select another language: