Definitions for LUSTlʌst
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word LUST
lecherousness, lust, lustfulness(noun)
a strong sexual desire
self-indulgent sexual desire (personified as one of the deadly sins)
crave, hunger, thirst, starve, lust(verb)
have a craving, appetite, or great desire for
A feeling of strong desire, especially of a sexual nature.
Upon seeing Kim, I was filled with lust.
A general want or longing not necessarily sexual or devious.
The boarders hide their lust to go home.
A delightful cause of joy, pleasure.
An ideal son is his father's lasting lust.
To very strongly desire.
To crave sexual contact urgently.
Origin: lust, from lustuz. Akin to Old Saxon, Dutch lust, Old Frisian, Old High German, German Lust, & Swedish lust, Danish lyst & Icelandic lyst, Old Norse losti, Gothic lustus, and perhaps to Sanskrit lush "to desire", or to English loose. Confer list, listless.
longing desire; eagerness to possess or enjoy; -- in a had sense; as, the lust of gain
licentious craving; sexual appetite
hence: Virility; vigor; active power
to list; to like
to have an eager, passionate, and especially an inordinate or sinful desire, as for the gratification of the sexual appetite or of covetousness; -- often with after
Lust is an intense desire or craving. Lust can take many forms such as the lust for knowledge, the lust for sex or the lust for power. It can take such mundane forms as the lust for food as distinct from the need for food. Lust is a powerful psychological feeling producing intense wanting for an object, or circumstance fulfilling a it. Many religions separate the definition of passion and lust by further categorizing lust as type of passion for something that does not belong to oneself.
Translations for LUST
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- شهوة, رغبةArabic
- luxúriaCatalan, Valencian
- begære, liderlighed, begær, føle, tørste, lystDanish
- sehnen, begehren, Lust, verlangen, WollustGerman
- λαγνεία, ποθώ, επιθυμίαGreek
- شهوت و ميل شديدPersian
- himoita, ikävä, himo, ilo, ikävöintiFinnish
- désirer, luxure, joieFrench
- ana-miann, miannScottish Gaelic
- חמד, השתוקק, התאוהHebrew
- lussuria, libidine, libidoItalian
- 色欲, 淫欲, 情欲Japanese
- lusten, plezier, smachten, lust, wellust, verlangen, begeerte, begerenDutch
- pragnienie, pożądanie, żądzaPolish
- concupiscență, luxură, desfrânareRomanian
- страсть, похоть, вожделение, желание, похотливостьRussian
- похота, пожудаSerbo-Croatian
- lust, åtrå, begärSwedish
- ihtiras, arzu, tutkuTurkish
Get even more translations for LUST »
Find a translation for the LUST definition in other languages:
Select another language: