Definitions for Keyboardˈkiˌbɔrd, -ˌboʊrd
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Keyboard
device consisting of a set of keys on a piano or organ or typewriter or typesetting machine or computer or the like
holder consisting of an arrangement of hooks on which keys or locks can be hung
A set of keys used to operate a typewriter, computer etc.
A component of many instruments including the piano, organ, and harpsichord consisting of usually black and white keys that cause different tones to be produced when struck.
A device with keys of a musical keyboard, used to control electronic sound-producing devices which may be built into or separate from the keyboard device.
To type on a computer keyboard.
Keyboarding is the part of this job I hate the most.
the whole arrangement, or one range, of the keys of an organ, typewriter, etc
A keyboard instrument is a musical instrument played using a keyboard. The most common of these is the piano. Some other types of keyboard instruments include celestas, which are struck idiophones operated by a keyboard, carillons, which are highly different instruments made by man-kind that are usually housed in bell towers or belfries of churches or other municipal buildings, and other non-acoustic instruments, such as various electronic organs, synthesizers, and keyboards designed to imitate the sound of other musical sounds. Today, the term "keyboard" is mostly commonly used to refer to keyboard-style synthesizers. Under the fingers of a sensitive performer, the keyboard may also be used to control dynamics, phrasing, shading, articulation, and other elements of expression, depending on the design and inherent capabilities of the instrument.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'Keyboard' in Nouns Frequency: #2790
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.
WARNING Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue.
The MOUSE , The KEYBOARD and The Monitor over the years came closer and closer and became a family known as LAPTOP
If you've ever bought a keyboard for your iPad and found that experience frustrating, the new MacBook is the perfect tonic.
Learn to revel in the unalloyed loveliness of receiving attention—to do this, you may have to leave your computer keyboard and invite it.
Images & Illustrations of Keyboard
Translations for Keyboard
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- لوحة مفاتيحArabic
- клавиатура, набирамBulgarian
- teclat, teclejarCatalan, Valencian
- klávesnice, klaviatura, klávesyCzech
- Tastatur, Klaviatur, Manual, KeyboardGerman
- πληκτρολογώ, πληκτρογραφώ, πληκτρολόγιο, κλαβιέGreek
- teclado, teclearSpanish
- صفحه کلید, کیبورد, کلاویهPersian
- naputella, koskettimet, kirjoittaa, näppäillä, koskettimisto, sormio, näpytellä, näppäimistö, naputtaaFinnish
- clavier, clavier électroniqueFrench
- eochairchlár, méarchlár, luibheanchlárIrish
- meur-chlàrScottish Gaelic
- מקלדת, קלידיםHebrew
- klavyeHaitian Creole
- klaviatúra, billentyűzetHungarian
- papan tombol, papan ketikIndonesian
- hljómborð, leturborð, hnappaborð, lyklaborðIcelandic
- tastiera, digitareItalian
- 鍵盤, キーボードJapanese
- 글쇠판, 건반, 자판, 키보드Korean
- чука, клавијатура, тастатура, типка, синтисајзерMacedonian
- papan kekunciMalay
- keyboard, toetsenbord, klavierDutch
- klaviatur, tastatur, keyboard, elektronisk orgelNorwegian
- teclado, teclarPortuguese
- claviatură, tastaturăRomanian
- типковница, električni klavir, тастатура, tipkovnica, tastatura, електрични клавирSerbo-Croatian
- klaviatúra, klávesnicaSlovak
- tipkovnica, klaviaturaSlovene
- klaviatur, keyboard, tangentbordSwedish
- bàn phímVietnamese
Get even more translations for Keyboard »
Find a translation for the Keyboard definition in other languages:
Select another language: