Definitions for KIDkɪd
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word KID
child, kid, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, fry, nestling(noun)
a young person of either sex
"she writes books for children"; "they're just kids"; "`tiddler' is a British term for youngster"
soft smooth leather from the hide of a young goat
Kyd, Kid, Thomas Kyd, Thomas Kid(noun)
English dramatist (1558-1594)
a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age
"they had three children"; "they were able to send their kids to college"
pull the leg of, kid(verb)
tell false information to for fun
"Are you pulling my leg?"
kid, chaff, jolly, josh, banter(verb)
be silly or tease one another
"After we relaxed, we just kidded around"
Made of kidskin; as, kid gloves.
To talk with in a joking or jesting manner; as, she kidded him about his freckles. Often used with around; as, he was just kidding around about the fire
To jokingly tell a false story to; to fool; as, John told Pete that he had talked to the movie star, but he was only kidding him..
To tell a false story, as a jest; as, he was kidding about being a pilot.
A young goat.
Of a goat, the state of being pregnant: in kid
The meat of a young goat.
A young antelope.
A child or young person.
a kid brother
An inexperienced person or one in a junior position.
To make a fool of (someone)
To make a joke with (someone)
Of a goat, to give birth to kids
Origin: kide, from kið, compare , kid, from kiðjom, compare Kitz, Kitze and Albanian keð,kec.
a young goat
a young child or infant; hence, a simple person, easily imposed on
a kind of leather made of the skin of the young goat, or of the skin of rats, etc
gloves made of kid
a small wooden mess tub; -- a name given by sailors to one in which they receive their food
to bring forth a young goat
a fagot; a bundle of heath and furze
see Kiddy, v. t
Origin: [Of Scand. origin; cf. Icel. ki, Dan. & Sw. kid; akin to OHG. kizzi, G. kitz, kitzchen, kitzlein.]
KID, whose name is an acronym of Kindle Imagine Develop, was a Japan-based company specializing in porting and developing bishōjo games. KID was founded in 1988, with capital of 160 million yen. In the early 1990s, it served primarily as a contract developer. Notable titles from this era include Burai Fighter, Low G Man, G.I. Joe, Isolated Warrior and Recca. In 1997, it began porting PC games to games consoles. In 1999, it released an original title called Memories Off on PlayStation, which later became its first well-known series. In 2000, it released another original title called Infinity which became the second well-known series. This game was later renamed Never7 ~the end of infinity~ and Infinity became the series name. It also created the popular underground PlayStation game Board Game Top Shop. In 2005, KID became a sponsor of the Japanese drama series Densha Otoko. The company declared bankruptcy in 2006. However in February 2007 it was announced that KID's intellectual properties had been acquired by the Cyber Front corporation, who would continue all unfinished projects.
The Foolish Dictionary, by Gideon Wurdz
Either a boxing-glove or a first-born. In either case, hard to handle until well tanned.
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'KID' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2172
Rank popularity for the word 'KID' in Nouns Frequency: #773
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Images & Illustrations of KID
Translations for KID
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- طفل, جديArabic
- яре, хлапеBulgarian
- cabritCatalan, Valencian
- unge, barn, gedekidDanish
- Kind, Kitz, an der Nase herumführen, veräppeln, verarschenGerman
- muchacho, chavalo, lolo, huerco, chino, pelado, buqui, chango, nene, cabro, chavo, niño, chivo, chamaco, cipote, chico, chaval, chiquillo, cabrito, pibe, güila, patojo, chibolo, crío, chamo, tomar el peloSpanish
- بچه, بزغالهPersian
- nassikka, kersa, ipana, skidi, pirpana, penskaFinnish
- gamin, chevreau, bambin, flo, gosse, blaguer, plaisanter, niaiser, moquerFrench
- meann, tarraing àScottish Gaelic
- cabrito, chiboGalician
- גדי, ילדHebrew
- srác, gida, gyerek, kölyök, megviccel, viccel, hülyít, hülyének nézHungarian
- ուլ, երեխա, բալիկArmenian
- krakki, barnIcelandic
- 仔ヤギ, 子供, 子Japanese
- бала, наристе, улак, kалжың кылуу, тамашалооKyrgyz
- клинец, јаре, клинкаMacedonian
- gidja, gidi, tfajjelMaltese
- ungdom, killing, unge, barn, kje, tøyse, tulle, lureNorwegian
- tłʼízí yázhí, chąąmąʼiiNavajo, Navaho
- dzieciak, koźlęPolish
- jovem, guri, cabrito, criança, piá, cabrita, miúdo, brincar, enganar, zoar, caçoarPortuguese
- парень, ребёнок, девчонка, пацан, козлёнок, мальчишка, дразнить, надувать, шутить, подшучивать надRussian
- козлић, јаре, jare, kozlićSerbo-Croatian
- kozliatko, kozľaSlovak
- killing, unge, skämta, skojaSwedish
- batang kambingTagalog
- цапеня, козеняUkrainian
- jicilül, hicil, hicilül, cil, jikaparül, cilül, hikaparül, jicil, kaparülVolapük
Get even more translations for KID »
Find a translation for the KID definition in other languages:
Select another language: