Definitions for Integrationˌɪn tɪˈgreɪ ʃən
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Integration
integration, integrating, desegregation(noun)
the action of incorporating a racial or religious group into a community
the act of combining into an integral whole
"a consolidation of two corporations"; "after their consolidation the two bills were passed unanimously"; "the defendants asked for a consolidation of the actions against them"
an operation used in the calculus whereby the integral of a function is determined
The act or process of making whole or entire.
The process of fitting into a community, notably applied to 'visible' (ethnic, immigrant...) minorities
The operation of finding the integral of a function.
In evolution, the process by which the manifold is compacted into the relatively simple and permanent; supposed to alternate with differentiation as an agent in species' development.
Origin: From to integrate (from integratus, the past participle of integrare 'to make a whole', from integer 'whole') + -ation
the act or process of making whole or entire
the operation of finding the primitive function which has a given function for its differential coefficient. See Integral
in the theory of evolution: The process by which the manifold is compacted into the relatively simple and permanent. It is supposed to alternate with differentiation as an agent in development
Origin: [L. integratio a renewing, restoring: cf. F. intgration.]
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. In force protection, the synchronized transfer of units into an operational commander's force prior to mission execution. 2. The arrangement of military forces and their actions to create a force that operates by engaging as a whole. 3. In photography, a process by which the average radar picture seen on several scans of the time base may be obtained on a print, or the process by which several photographic images are combined into a single image. See also force protection.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Integration' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3842
Rank popularity for the word 'Integration' in Nouns Frequency: #1601
Images & Illustrations of Integration
Translations for Integration
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- integraatio, integrointi, yhdentyminenFinnish
- 積分, 統合, 融合Japanese
- integraalrekening, inburgering, integratieDutch
- интегра́ция, интегри́рованиеRussian
- integration, integreringSwedish
Get even more translations for Integration »
Find a translation for the Integration definition in other languages:
Select another language: