Definitions for Impossibleɪmˈpɒs ə bəl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Impossible
something that cannot be done
"his assignment verged on the impossible"
not capable of occurring or being accomplished or dealt with
"an impossible dream"; "an impossible situation"
impossible, inconceivable, out of the question, unimaginable(adj)
impossible, insufferable, unacceptable, unsufferable(adj)
used of persons or their behavior
"impossible behavior"; "insufferable insolence"
that which seems impossible
If we work together, we can achieve the impossible!
not possible, not able to be done.
of a person, very difficult to deal with.
You never listen to a word I say - you're impossible!
Origin: From impossible, from impossibilis, from in- + possibilis, from possum + suffix -ibilis.
not possible; incapable of being done, of existing, etc.; unattainable in the nature of things, or by means at command; insuperably difficult under the circumstances; absurd or impracticable; not feasible
"Impossible" is the 15th episode of the ABC television series, Desperate Housewives. The episode was the 15th episode for the show's first season. The episode was written by Marc Cherry and Tom Spezialy and was directed by Larry Shaw. It originally aired on February 20, 2005.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Impossible' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1445
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Impossible' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2519
Rank popularity for the word 'Impossible' in Adjectives Frequency: #171
Translations for Impossible
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- المستحيل, مستحيلArabic
- impossible, insuportableCatalan, Valencian
- umulig, umulighed, umuligtDanish
- insoportable, imposibleSpanish
- kamala, mahdoton, kauheaFinnish
- impossible, insupportableFrench
- do-dhèantaScottish Gaelic
- imposíbel, imposibleGalician
- अनहोनी, असम्भव, असंभव, नामुमकिनHindi
- insupportabile, impossibileInterlingua
- insopportabile, impossibileItalian
- 不可能, ありえない, 無理Japanese
- insuportável, impossívelPortuguese
- nije moguće, nȅmogūć, nepodnòšljiv, neizdr̀živ, nemogućeSerbo-Croatian
- nemogoča, nemogoče, nemogočSlovene
- olanaksız, imkânsızTurkish
- ناممکن, ان ہونی, اسمبھوUrdu
Get even more translations for Impossible »
Find a translation for the Impossible definition in other languages:
Select another language: