immediately, instantly, straightaway, straight off, directly, now, right away, at once, forthwith, like a shot(adverb)
without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening
"he answered immediately"; "found an answer straightaway"; "an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith"; "Come here now!"
near or close by
"he passed immediately behind her"
bearing an immediate relation
"this immediately concerns your future"
In an immediate manner; instantly or without delay.
I hope we can begin immediately.
in an immediate manner; without intervention of any other person or thing; proximately; directly; -- opposed to mediately; as, immediately contiguous
without interval of time; without delay; promptly; instantly; at once
as soon as. Cf. Directly, 8, Note
In this moment.
She realized she need to change the data immediately so in that moment she made the change and it was amazing.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Immediately' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #961
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Immediately' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1565
Rank popularity for the word 'Immediately' in Adverbs Frequency: #100
The numerical value of Immediately in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of Immediately in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Whatever must happen ultimately should happen immediately.
The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
I was immediately taken aback and told him he needed to seek legal recourse immediately, keith sat on the email way too long.
The cost of a things is the amount of what I call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
Images & Illustrations of Immediately
Translations for Immediately
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مباشرةً, حالاً, فورًاArabic
- immediatamentCatalan, Valencian
- hned, ihned, okamžitěCzech
- med det samme, øjeblikkeligtDanish
- ya, sin demora, de inmediato, inmediatamenteSpanish
- välittömästi, hetiFinnish
- aussitôt, tout de suite, immédiatementFrench
- anns a' bhad, sa bhadScottish Gaelic
- फ़ौरन, तुरंत, तत्कालHindi
- rögtön, azonnal, sürgősenHungarian
- immediatamente, subitoItalian
- + に +ni, 直ちに, すぐにJapanese
- eenzock, gaangsLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- ഉടനെ, പെട്ടെന്ന്Malayalam
- ရုတ်ခြည်း, ရက်ရက်, ဆောတလျင်, ချက်ခနဲ, ချက်ချင်း, ဆောလျင်စွာ, ဒက်ခနဲBurmese
- direct, meteen, onmiddellijkDutch
- hahNavajo, Navaho
- natychmiast, zarazPolish
- fără întârziere, imediatRomanian
- сию минуту, тотчас же, тотчас, немедленноRussian
- सपदि, झटुतिSanskrit
- smjesta, odmahSerbo-Croatian
- omgående, genast, omedelbart, på direkten, ögonblickligenSwedish
- anında, hemen, derhalTurkish
- негайно, заразUkrainian
Get even more translations for Immediately »
Find a translation for the Immediately definition in other languages:
Select another language: