the killing of a human being by another human being
The killing of one person by another, whether premeditated or unintentional.
A person who kills another.
A victim of homicide; a person who has been unlawfully killed by someone else.
Origin: From homicida and homicidium.
the killing of one human being by another
one who kills another; a manslayer
Origin: [F., fr. L. homicidium, fr. homicida a man slayer; homo man + caedere to cut, kill. See Homage, and cf. Concise, Shed, v. t.]
Homicide is an act of a human killing another human.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
hom′i-sīd, n. manslaughter: one who kills another.—adj. Hom′icidal, pertaining to homicide: murderous: bloody. [Fr.,—L. homicidium—homo, a man, cædĕre, to kill.]
U.S. National Library of Medicine
The killing of one person by another.
The numerical value of Homicide in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of Homicide in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
There are four kinds of Homicide felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy.
They're going to be anything in the spectrum of murder, manslaughter (or) negligent homicide.
It's very, very hard to charge a police officer with homicide if he does exactly what he is trained to do.
This case is being investigated as a homicide although there is no indication yet as to where the homicide or dismemberments occurred.
This case establishes a precedent for justice for poor women who have been criminalized for the supposed crime of homicide without proof.
Images & Illustrations of Homicide
Translations for Homicide
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- homicidiCatalan, Valencian
- Mörder, Tötungsdelikt, Totschlag, MordGerman
- ανθρωποκτονία, ανθρωποκτόνοςGreek
- homicidio, homicidaSpanish
- tappaja, murhaaja, tappo, murhattu, tapettu, murha, surmattuFinnish
- morð, drápFaroese
- meutrier, assassin, homicide, assassinat, meutrière, meurtre, homicide involontaireFrench
- मानव हत्याHindi
- մարդասպան, սպանություն, մարդասպանությունArmenian
- omicidio premeditato, assassina, omicidio colposo, omicidio, omicida, assassinio, assassinoItalian
- 殺人者, 人殺し, 殺人Japanese
- 살인, 殺人Korean
- homicīda, homicīdiumLatin
- doodslag, moordDutch
- drapsmann, morder, drapNorwegian
- morderczyni, morderca, zabójstwoPolish
- homicídio, homicidaPortuguese
- убийство, убийцаRussian
- umor, убојица, уморство, umórstvo, убоство, ùbōjstvo, убиство, ubojica, ubistvo, убица, ubica, уморSerbo-Croatian
- morilec, umor, morilkaSlovene
- mordoffer, mördare, mordSwedish
Get even more translations for Homicide »
Find a translation for the Homicide definition in other languages:
Select another language: