Definitions for Hashhæʃ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Hash
chopped meat mixed with potatoes and browned
hashish, hasheesh, haschisch, hash(verb)
purified resinous extract of the hemp plant; used as a hallucinogen
"hash the potatoes"
that which is hashed or chopped up; meat and vegetables, especially such as have been already cooked, chopped into small pieces and mixed
a new mixture of old matter; a second preparation or exhibition
to /hop into small pieces; to mince and mix; as, to hash meat
Origin: [From Hash, n.: cf. F. hacher to hash.]
Hash is a dish consisting of diced meat, potatoes, and spices that are mixed together and then cooked either alone or with other ingredients such as onions. The name is derived from the French verb hacher. In many locations, hash is served primarily as a breakfast food on restaurant menus and as home cuisine, often served with eggs and toast, and occasionally fried potatoes. The dish may also use corned beef or roast beef. Corned beef hash became especially popular in some countries during and after World War II as rationing limited the availability of fresh meat. Hash has recently made a comeback as more than just a dish for leftovers or breakfasts of last resort. High-end restaurants now offer sophisticated hashes and the first cookbook dedicated exclusively to a wide variety of hashes was self-published in 2012.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
hash, v.t. to hack: to mince: to chop small.—n. that which is hashed: a mixed dish of meat and vegetables in small pieces: a mixture and preparation of old matter: (Scot.) a stupid fellow.—adj. Hash′y.—Make a hash of, to spoil or ruin completely; Settle a person's hash (slang), to silence him: to make an end of him. [O. Fr.,—Fr. hacher—hache, hatchet.]
The Foolish Dictionary, by Gideon Wurdz
The numerical value of Hash in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of Hash in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
There is no shade, there is no cover. You are out exposed to the sun, the wind the heat, the reflection of the sun off the white sand. It's a hash desert environment.
Any level-headed person who gets pulled over does what a police officer tells you and there won't be any problems, whether the cop is wrong, you can hash it out in courts after it's over.
The way social media works these days, people do not really ‘follow’ or ‘friend’ others, but instead read hashtags and look for further information on that hash tag, islamic State learned this social media trick early. The technique now appears to be used by people and groups promoting violence against police.
Images & Illustrations of Hash
Translations for Hash
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- entwerfen, zerhacken, Doppelkreuz, Rautenzeichen, Nummernzeichen, Faschiertes, Haschee, Lattenkreuz, Durcheinander, Hash, Hackfleisch, Gehacktes, Hasch, grob, hacken, Gartenzaun, RauteGerman
- picadillo, chocolate, numeral, gato, lío, libra, almohadilla, guiso, númeroSpanish
- ruutu, pilkkoa, hakkelus, risuaita, tarkiste, ristikkomerkki, pilkottu, huiskia, sekasotku, pyttipannu, hasaFinnish
- haschich, dièse, teuchi, hachis, shit, croisillon, hash, teuchFrench
- számjel, ellenőrző összeg, kettőskeresztHungarian
- cancelletto, tritato, spezzatinoItalian
- 井桁, 番号記号, ハッシュ, ナンバーサイン, ハッシュドビーフJapanese
- hekje, hachee, hasj, kruisjeDutch
- krzyżyk, hasz, skrótPolish
- bagunça, jogo da velha, cardinal, jogo do galo, cerquilha, antífen, picadinho, picado, picarPortuguese
- хэш, дие́з, октото́рп, путаница, блюдо из мелко нарезанного мяса, знак но́мера, мешанина, решё́тка, крошевоRussian
- решетка, љестве, dvokriž, rešetka, ljestve, двокрижSerbo-Croatian
- karmaşa, kuşbaşı, doğramak, kare, arapsaçıTurkish
Get even more translations for Hash »
Find a translation for the Hash definition in other languages:
Select another language: