Definitions for HUBhʌb
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word HUB
the central part of a car wheel (or fan or propeller etc) through which the shaft or axle passes
a center of activity or interest or commerce or transportation; a focal point around which events revolve
"the playground is the hub of parental supervision"; "the airport is the economic hub of the area"
The central part, usually cylindrical, of a wheel; the nave
A point where many routes meet and traffic is distributed, dispensed or diverted
Hongkong airport is one of the most important air traffic hubs in Asia.
a computer networking device connecting several ethernet ports. See switch.
A stake with a nail in it, used to mark a temporary point.
Origin: Perhaps from hubbe.
the central part, usually cylindrical, of a wheel; the nave. See Illust. of Axle box
the hilt of a weapon
a rough protuberance or projecting obstruction; as, a hub in the road. [U.S.] See Hubby
a goal or mark at which quoits, etc., are cast
a hardened, engraved steel punch for impressing a device upon a die, used in coining, etc
a screw hob. See Hob, 3
a block for scotching a wheel
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
An organization that sorts and distributes inbound cargo from wholesale supply sources (airlifted, sealifted, and ground transportable) and/or from within the theater. See also hub and spoke distribution; spoke.
Anagrams of HUB
Translations for HUB
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- hub, rozbočovačCzech
- Zentrum, Radnabe, Hub, Nabe, Drehscheibe, Netzknoten, DrehkreuzGerman
- κόμβος, αφαλός, χοινίκη, πλήμνηGreek
- punto de transbordo, maza, centro, buje, concentrador, distribuidor vial, nudo, multiplexorSpanish
- pyörännapa, keskiö, keskitinFinnish
- hub, pôle, moyeu, concentrateurFrench
- cìochScottish Gaelic
- agy, kerék közepe, csomópont, kerékpár agyHungarian
- mozzo, incrocioItalian
- hub, centrum, draaischijf, naaf, knooppuntDutch
- poste, jante, entroncamento, cruzamentoPortuguese
- хаб, втулкаRussian
- nav, knutpunkt, korsvägSwedish
Get even more translations for HUB »
Find a translation for the HUB definition in other languages:
Select another language: