the process in which part of the output of a system is returned to its input in order to regulate its further output
response to an inquiry or experiment
Critical assessment on information produced
After you hand in your essays, I will give both grades and feedback.
The signal that is looped back to control a system within itself.
The high-pitched howling noise heard when there's a loop between a microphone and a speaker.
To generate the high-frequency sound by allowing a speaker to cause vibration of the sound generator of a musical instrument connected by an amplifier to the speaker.
The show ended with a riot of feedbacking guitars.
To provide informational feedback to.
His employees feedbacked him a lot more than he wanted.
To convey by means of specialized communications channel.
Customers feedbacked their complaints and some praise.
Feedback is a process in which information about the past or the present influences the same phenomenon in the present or future. As part of a chain of cause-and-effect that forms a circuit or loop, the event is said to "feed back" into itself. Feedback is also a synonym for: ⁕Feedback signal - the measurement of the actual level of the parameter of interest. ⁕Feedback mechanism - the action or means used to subsequently modify the gap. ⁕Feedback loop - the complete causal path that leads from the initial detection of the gap to the subsequent modification of the gap.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
A mechanism of communication within a system in that the input signal generates an output response which returns to influence the continued activity or productivity of that system.
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Feedback' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3633
Rank popularity for the word 'Feedback' in Nouns Frequency: #2546
The numerical value of Feedback in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of Feedback in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Images & Illustrations of Feedback
Translations for Feedback
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- تقييم, تلقيم استرجاعيArabic
- обратна връзкаBulgarian
- zpětná vazbaCzech
- Rückmeldung, RückkopplungGerman
- ανάδραση, ανατροφοδότησηGreek
- retroago, retroefikoEsperanto
- retroacción, retroalimentación, realimentaciónSpanish
- باز خوردPersian
- palaute, kierto, takaisinkytkentäFinnish
- effet Larsen, évaluation, rétroaction, réactionFrench
- gerjedés, visszacsatolás, visszajelzésHungarian
- umpan balikIndonesian
- フィードバック, 反応Japanese
- maklum balas, suap balikMalay
- sprzężenie zwrotnePolish
- comentário, feedback, avaliação, microfonia, retroalimentaçãoPortuguese
- reacție, efect retroactiv, conexiune inversăRomanian
- обратная связь, отклик, фидбэк, отзыв, оценкаRussian
- spätná väzbaSlovak
- feedback, rundgång, återkopplingSwedish
- зворотній зв'язокUkrainian
Get even more translations for Feedback »
Find a translation for the Feedback definition in other languages:
Select another language: