combatant, battler, belligerent, fighter, scrapper(noun)
someone who fights (or is fighting)
fighter, fighter aircraft, attack aircraft(noun)
a high-speed military or naval airplane designed to destroy enemy aircraft in the air
champion, fighter, hero, paladin(noun)
someone who fights for a cause
A boxer; a pugilist.
A person with the determination and will to persist through great difficulty to achieve a goal; one with the courage to fight and resist an opponent, and to struggle with all one's powers.
(Mil.) A military aircraft designed to seek out and destroy enemy aircraft; it is usually smaller and more maneuvarable than aircraft designed specifically for bombing. However, hybrid fighter-bomber aircraft that perform both functions also are used.
Origin: [AS. feohtere.]
A person who fights, a combatant.
A warrior; fighting soldier.
A pugnacious, competitive person.
A class of fixed-wing aircraft whose primary purpose is that of shooting down other aircraft. Some of these (Fighter-Attack or Attack aircraft) also have a secondary purpose of attacking ground targets.
A boxer or participant in any martial art.
A game with a focus on physical combat.
one who fights; a combatant; a warrior
Origin: [AS. feohtere.]
The fighter is one of the standard playable character classes in the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game. A fighter is a versatile, weapons-oriented warrior who fights using skill, strategy and tactics. Fighter is a generic and broad class; individual fighters have diverse backgrounds and different styles. Bodyguards, adventurers, former soldiers, invading bandit kings, or master swordsmen are all fighters, yet they come from all walks of life and backgrounds and often find themselves on very different alignments, goals, and sides in a conflict. In the 4th edition, Fighters are Martial Defenders. Other martial oriented character classes include the warlord, ranger, and rogue. Other defenders include the paladin.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'FIGHTER' in Nouns Frequency: #2066
The numerical value of FIGHTER in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of FIGHTER in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Images & Illustrations of FIGHTER
Translations for FIGHTER
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- изтребител, борец, боецBulgarian
- bojovník, stíhací letoun, válečník, stíhačkaCzech
- kriger, kampfly, fighterDanish
- Kämpfer, JägerGerman
- guerrero, combatiente, caza, luchadorSpanish
- hävittäjä, taistelija, soturiFinnish
- chasseur, combattantFrench
- guerriero, caccia, combattenteItalian
- bellātor, pugnatorLatin
- cīnītāja, karavīrs, cīnītājs, karotājsLatvian
- vechter, strijder, kampvechter, straaljager, bestrijder, kamper, gevechtsvliegtuig, bikkel, vechtsporter, krijgerDutch
- chidí naatʼaʼí dilwoʼíNavajo, Navaho
- bojownik, żołnierz, wojownik, myśliwiecPolish
- combatente, lutador, lutadora, guerreira, caça, guerreiroPortuguese
- combatantă, persoană bătăioasă, luptător, persoană combativă, luptătoare, combatantRomanian
- боец, истребитель, воин, борецRussian
- borac, bojovnikSerbo-Croatian
- bórka, bórecSlovene
- slagskämpe, krigare, kämpe, jaktflygplanSwedish
- dövüşçü, savaşçıTurkish
Get even more translations for FIGHTER »
Find a translation for the FIGHTER definition in other languages:
Select another language: