Definitions for Distributionˌdɪs trəˈbyu ʃən
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Distribution
distribution, statistical distribution(noun)
(statistics) an arrangement of values of a variable showing their observed or theoretical frequency of occurrence
the spatial or geographic property of being scattered about over a range, area, or volume
"worldwide in distribution"; "the distribution of nerve fibers"; "in complementary distribution"
the act of distributing or spreading or apportioning
the commercial activity of transporting and selling goods from a producer to a consumer
An act of distributing or state of being distributed.
An apportionment by law (of funds, property).
The process by which goods get to final consumers over a geographical market, including storing, selling, shipping and advertising.
The frequency of occurrence or extent of existence.
Anything distributed; portion; share
The result of distributing; arrangement.
A probability distribution; the set of relative likelihoods that a variable will have a value in a given interval.
A set of bundled software components; distro.
The apportionment of income or wealth in a population.
The wealth distribution became extremely skewed in the kleptocracy.
The process or result of the sale of securities, especially their placement among investors with long-term investment strategies.
Origin: From distributio, from distribuere 'to distribute', itself from dis- 'apart' + tribuere 'to ' (from tribus).
the act of distributing or dispensing; the act of dividing or apportioning among several or many; apportionment; as, the distribution of an estate among heirs or children
separation into parts or classes; arrangement of anything into parts; disposition; classification
that which is distributed
a resolving a whole into its parts
the sorting of types and placing them in their proper boxes in the cases
the steps or operations by which steam is supplied to and withdrawn from the cylinder at each stroke of the piston; viz., admission, suppression or cutting off, release or exhaust, and compression of exhaust steam prior to the next admission
Product distribution is one of the four elements of the marketing mix. Distribution is the process of making a product or service available for use or consumption by a consumer or business user, using direct means, or using indirect means with intermediaries. The other three parts of the marketing mix are product, pricing, and promotion.
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. A software source tree packaged for distribution; but see kit. Since about 1996 unqualified use of this term often implies ‘Linux distribution’. The short form distro is often used for this sense. 2. A vague term encompassing mailing lists and Usenet newsgroups (but not BBS fora); any topic-oriented message channel with multiple recipients. 3. An information-space domain (usually loosely correlated with geography) to which propagation of a Usenet message is restricted; a much-underutilized feature.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. The arrangement of troops for any purpose, such as a battle, march, or maneuver. 2. A planned pattern of projectiles about a point. 3. A planned spread of fire to cover a desired frontage or depth. 4. An official delivery of anything, such as orders or supplies. 5. The operational process of synchronizing all elements of the logistic system to deliver the
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Distribution' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1621
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Distribution' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2937
Rank popularity for the word 'Distribution' in Nouns Frequency: #720
The numerical value of Distribution in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of Distribution in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
What's new is this amazingly efficient distribution system for stolen property called the internet -- and no one's gonna shut down the internet.
The great political tugs of the past 35 years have concerned the distribution of the golden eggs. In the 1980's and 1990's we must focus on the health of the goose.
We're a distribution company and that will not change, In the next phase of our evolution, content will play an important role in helping monetise our distribution assets.
By diversifying fuel in the distribution sector, we aim to improve our ability to respond in the event of an energy crisis, if oil supplies are halted, distribution will come to a stop.
The cost decline in solar and (power) storage will continue bringing off-grid generation costs ever closer to grid levels, and we have developed innovative technology to optimise the cost of distribution and the design of the distribution systems.
Images & Illustrations of Distribution
Translations for Distribution
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- разпределяне, разпределение, разпространениеBulgarian
- rozdělení, distribuceCzech
- Verbreitung, Austeilung, Aufteilung, Distribution, Gliederung, Streuung, AbsatzGerman
- διανομή, κατανομή, μοιρασιάGreek
- disvastiĝo, distribuado, disdonoEsperanto
- jaotus, jaotisEstonian
- jakaminen, jako, levikki, jakauma, osa, osuus, levitys, levittäminen, jakeluFinnish
- sgaoileadhScottish Gaelic
- 配布, 分布, 配分Japanese
- diaeresis, distribūtiōLatin
- verspreiding, spreiding, verdeling, opdeling, uitdeling, distributieDutch
- rozkład, dystrybucjaPolish
- distribuição, parte, arranjo, porçãoPortuguese
- distribuire, distribuțieRomanian
- распределение, раздача, распространениеRussian
- раздиоба, дистрибуција, rȁspodjela, достова, ràzdioba, distribúcija, расподјела, dostavaSerbo-Croatian
- distribution, fördelning, utdelning, tilldelningSwedish
- phân phátVietnamese
Get even more translations for Distribution »
Find a translation for the Distribution definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these Distribution definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"Distribution." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2017. Web. 24 Mar. 2017. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/Distribution>.