Definitions for Disabled
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Disabled
people collectively who are crippled or otherwise physically handicapped
"technology to help the elderly and the disabled"
incapable of functioning as a consequence of injury or illness
Those who are disabled, regarded collectively or as a social group.
Made incapable of use or action.
Having a disability, especially physical.
Disabled is a war poem by Wilfred Owen written in 1917. It expresses the tormented thoughts and recollections of a teenaged soldier in World War I who has lost his limbs in battle and is now confined, utterly helpless, to a wheelchair. The subject contrasts the living death he is now facing with the youthful pleasures he had enjoyed "before he threw away his knees"; he goes on to recall the impetuous and frivolous circumstances in which he had joined up to fight in the war. He also notes how the crowds that greeted his return were smaller and less enthusiastic than those who cheered his departure, and how women no longer look at him but at "the strong men who were whole".
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Disabled' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3253
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Disabled' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2855
Rank popularity for the word 'Disabled' in Adjectives Frequency: #427
Translations for Disabled
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- инвалиден, недъгав, изключен, инвалидBulgarian
- minusvàlid, invàlidCatalan, Valencian
- pätemätön, vammaiset, vammainen, invalidit, käyttökelvoton, toimintakyvytönFinnish
- invalide, handicapéFrench
- disabile, disabilitato, per i disabiliItalian
- инвалид, хендикепирано лицеMacedonian
- onklaar, invaliden, invalide, gehandicapten, gehandicapt, mindervalideDutch
- неработоспособный, нетрудоспособный, инвалид, инвалидный, инвалидка, деактивированный, отключенныйRussian
Get even more translations for Disabled »
Find a translation for the Disabled definition in other languages:
Select another language: