Definitions for DOEdoʊ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word DOE
Department of Energy, Energy Department, Energy, DOE(noun)
the federal department responsible for maintaining a national energy policy of the United States; created in 1977
mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'
A female deer; also used of similar animals such as reindeer, antelope, goat.
A female fallow deer.
A female rabbit.
A female hare.
A female squirrel.
A female kangaroo
Origin: From do, from da, from dajjōn, from dajjanan, from dhēy-. Cognate with da, dae, te, då, deon, delu. Related also to fellatio, filial, fetus.
a female deer or antelope; specifically, the female of the fallow deer, of which the male is called a buck. Also applied to the female of other animals, as the rabbit. See the Note under Buck
a feat. [Obs.] See Do, n
Origin: [AS. d; cf. Dan. daa, daa-dyr, deer, and perh. L. dama. 66.]
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
dō, n. John Doe and Richard Roe, names of an imaginary plaintiff and opponent in the old legal action for ejectment, and proverbial term for a legal action.
dō, n. the female of the fallow-deer or buck.—n. Doe′skin, the skin of a doe: a smooth, close-woven woollen cloth. [A.S. dá; Dan. daa, a deer.]
A mature female of various species of animals.
A goat, deer, antelope, kangaroo etc mature female is called a doe.
Edo, EOD, ode, ODE, OED
The numerical value of DOE in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of DOE in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I regret having inaccurately described the DOE as having advised us as such.
This lawsuit is not simply about protecting Jane Doe. It is about protecting people's privacy.
During our entire stay on the island, we never saw any young women that fit the description of Jane Doe No. 3.
If auditors can’t locate an average of 180 computers per DOE location, this may be just the tip of the iceberg.
We will not back down from our lawsuit until the DOE pays the $1 million a day fine they are required to under federal law.
Images & Illustrations of DOE
Translations for DOE
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- أنثى ظبيةArabic
- кошута, сърнаBulgarian
- srna, laňCzech
- Hindin, Hinde, HirschkuhGerman
- leporino, damaino, cervino, sciurino, kuniklino, kanguruinoEsperanto
- coneja, cierva, cabraSpanish
- آهو مادهPersian
- naaraskani, naarasjänis, naarashirvi, vaadin, kengurunaaras, naarasoravaFinnish
- biche, daine, hase, lapineFrench
- wyfkehartWestern Frisian
- giorria baineann, coinín baineann, eilitIrish
- maoiseach, ban-choineanScottish Gaelic
- cervino, daimino, leporinoIdo
- coniglia, lepre femmina, daina, cerva, scoiattolo femminaItalian
- 雌, 麀Japanese
- HirschkouLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- damherthinde, hinde, moerhaas, moer, voedsterDutch
- bįįhtsaʼiiNavajo, Navaho
- ciută, căprioarăRomanian
- [[самка]] [[олень, бельчиха, [[самка]] [[кенгуру]], крольчиха, олениха, белка, зайчихаRussian
- srna, kunica, veverica, срна, кошута, веверица, куница, zečica, košuta, зечицаSerbo-Croatian
- srna, laňSlovak
- harhona, hindSwedish
- kangur, jiliev, hikrolig, hiliev, stäg, krolig, yat, hikangur, histäg, jikrolig, jiyat, jikangur, hiyat, jistäg, lievVolapük
Get even more translations for DOE »
Find a translation for the DOE definition in other languages:
Select another language: