Department of Energy, Energy Department, Energy, DOE(noun)
the federal department responsible for maintaining a national energy policy of the United States; created in 1977
mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'
A female deer; also used of similar animals such as reindeer, antelope, goat.
A female fallow deer.
A female rabbit.
A female hare.
A female squirrel.
A female kangaroo
Origin: From do, from da, from dajjōn, from dajjanan, from dhēy-. Cognate with da, dae, te, då, deon, delu. Related also to fellatio, filial, fetus.
a female deer or antelope; specifically, the female of the fallow deer, of which the male is called a buck. Also applied to the female of other animals, as the rabbit. See the Note under Buck
a feat. [Obs.] See Do, n
Origin: [AS. d; cf. Dan. daa, daa-dyr, deer, and perh. L. dama. 66.]
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
dō, n. John Doe and Richard Roe, names of an imaginary plaintiff and opponent in the old legal action for ejectment, and proverbial term for a legal action.
dō, n. the female of the fallow-deer or buck.—n. Doe′skin, the skin of a doe: a smooth, close-woven woollen cloth. [A.S. dá; Dan. daa, a deer.]
A mature female of various species of animals.
A goat, deer, antelope, kangaroo etc mature female is called a doe.
Edo, EOD, ode, ODE, OED
The numerical value of DOE in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of DOE in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
If auditors can’t locate an average of 180 computers per DOE location, this may be just the tip of the iceberg.
The fighting in Libya is starting to be more and more about a battle for the oil resources and this will not end well, the DOE statistics are bearish, Libya is bullish.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DOE
Unbearably lovely music is heard as the curtain rises, and we see the woods on a summer afternoon. A fawn dances on and nibbles slowly at some leaves. He drifts lazily through the soft foliage. Soon he starts coughing and drops dead.
It is an insult to families who are desperate to access technology for their children to leave brand new computers and tablets unused in closets and storage facilities, if auditors can’t locate an average of 180 computers per DOE location, this may be just the tip of the iceberg.
These are TV workouts. If Jane Doe at home’re Jane Doe at home, just getting off Jane Doe at home couch or up from Jane Doe at home desk after several years, Jane Doe at home ca n’t start at a level 10. Jane Doe at home can get injured. And that can set Jane Doe at home back mentally and physically.
Images & Illustrations of DOE
Translations for DOE
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- أنثى ظبيةArabic
- кошута, сърнаBulgarian
- srna, laňCzech
- Hindin, Hinde, HirschkuhGerman
- leporino, damaino, cervino, sciurino, kuniklino, kanguruinoEsperanto
- coneja, cierva, cabraSpanish
- آهو مادهPersian
- naaraskani, naarasjänis, naarashirvi, vaadin, kengurunaaras, naarasoravaFinnish
- biche, daine, hase, lapineFrench
- wyfkehartWestern Frisian
- giorria baineann, coinín baineann, eilitIrish
- maoiseach, ban-choineanScottish Gaelic
- cervino, daimino, leporinoIdo
- coniglia, lepre femmina, daina, cerva, scoiattolo femminaItalian
- 雌, 麀Japanese
- HirschkouLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- damherthinde, hinde, moerhaas, moer, voedsterDutch
- bįįhtsaʼiiNavajo, Navaho
- ciută, căprioarăRomanian
- [[самка]] [[олень, бельчиха, [[самка]] [[кенгуру]], крольчиха, олениха, белка, зайчихаRussian
- srna, kunica, veverica, срна, кошута, веверица, куница, zečica, košuta, зечицаSerbo-Croatian
- srna, laňSlovak
- harhona, hindSwedish
- kangur, jiliev, hikrolig, hiliev, stäg, krolig, yat, hikangur, histäg, jikrolig, jiyat, jikangur, hiyat, jistäg, lievVolapük
Get even more translations for DOE »
Find a translation for the DOE definition in other languages:
Select another language: