Definitions for Counselˈkaʊn səl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Counsel
advocate, counsel, counselor, counsellor, counselor-at-law, pleader(noun)
a lawyer who pleads cases in court
guidance, counsel, counseling, counselling, direction(verb)
something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
rede, advise, counsel(verb)
give advice to
"The teacher counsels troubled students"; "The lawyer counselled me when I was accused of tax fraud"
The exchange of opinions and advice; consultation
Advice or guidance so given
A lawyer, as in Queen's Counsel (QC)
To give advice, especially professional advice.
Origin: counseil, from conseil, from consilium; akin to consulo.
interchange of opinions; mutual advising; consultation
examination of consequences; exercise of deliberate judgment; prudence
result of consultation; advice; instruction
deliberate purpose; design; intent; scheme; plan
a secret opinion or purpose; a private matter
one who gives advice, especially in legal matters; one professionally engaged in the trial or management of a cause in court; also, collectively, the legal advocates united in the management of a case; as, the defendant has able counsel
to give advice to; to advice, admonish, or instruct, as a person
to advise or recommend, as an act or course
Origin: [OE. conseilen, counseilen, F. conseiller, fr. L. consiliari, fr. consilium counsel.]
A counsel or a counselor gives advice, particularly in legal matters.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Better Counsel comes overnight.
Never take counsel of your fears.
It is light grief that can take counsel.
That grief is light which can take counsel.
We can't force people in this day and age, we can only counsel them.
Images & Illustrations of Counsel
Translations for Counsel
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- препоръчвам, съвет, предлагам, предложение, обсъждане, съветвам, съвещаниеBulgarian
- Rat, Anwältin, Ratschlag, Anwalt, BeratungGerman
- abogado, consejo, consultaSpanish
- neuvottelu, lakimies, neuvonpito, suositella, neuvo, neuvoaFinnish
- conseil, conseiller, expertise, plan, projetFrench
- խորհուրդ, խորհրդատվություն, խորհրդատվություն տալ, փաստաբանArmenian
- avvocato, consiglioItalian
- советување, советува, препорачува, советMacedonian
- sfătui, consultație, povață, expertiză, consilia, sfat, consultanță, povățui, sfătuire, recomandaRomanian
- обсуждение, консультация, совет, совещаниеRussian
- istişare, danışma, tavsiye, avukatTurkish
- lavogan, kronalavogan, hilavogan, kronahilavogan, kronajilavogan, jilavoganVolapük
Get even more translations for Counsel »
Find a translation for the Counsel definition in other languages:
Select another language: