Definitions for Contentˈkɒn tɛnt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Content
everything that is included in a collection and that is held or included in something
"he emptied the contents of his pockets"; "the two groups were similar in content"
message, content, subject matter, substance(noun)
what a communication that is about something is about
the proportion of a substance that is contained in a mixture or alloy etc.
the amount that can be contained
"the gas tank has a capacity of 12 gallons"
content, cognitive content, mental object(noun)
the sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned
the state of being contented with your situation in life
"he relaxed in sleepy contentedness"; "they could read to their heart's content"
subject, content, depicted object(adj)
something (a person or object or scene) selected by an artist or photographer for graphic representation
"a moving picture of a train is more dramatic than a still picture of the same subject"
satisfied or showing satisfaction with things as they are
"a contented smile"
satisfy in a limited way
"He contented himself with one glass of beer per day"
"I am contented"
contained within limits; hence, having the desires limited by that which one has; not disposed to repine or grumble; satisfied; contented; at rest
that which is contained; the thing or things held by a receptacle or included within specified limits; as, the contents of a cask or bale or of a room; the contents of a book
power of containing; capacity; extent; size
area or quantity of space or matter contained within certain limits; as, solid contents; superficial contents
to satisfy the desires of; to make easy in any situation; to appease or quiet; to gratify; to please
to satisfy the expectations of; to pay; to requite
rest or quietness of the mind in one's present condition; freedom from discontent; satisfaction; contentment; moderate happiness
acquiescence without examination
that which contents or satisfies; that which if attained would make one happy
an expression of assent to a bill or motion; an affirmative vote; also, a member who votes "Content."
In media production and publishing, content is information and experiences that may provide value for an end-user/audience in specific contexts. Content may be delivered via any medium such as the internet, television, and audio CDs, as well as live events such as conferences and stage performances. The word is used to identify and quantify various formats and genres of information as manageable value-adding components of useful media to the target audience.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Content' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2262
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Content' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3846
Rank popularity for the word 'Content' in Nouns Frequency: #625
Rank popularity for the word 'Content' in Adjectives Frequency: #745
Translations for Content
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مبصوط, محتوى, قانعArabic
- задоволявам, същност, капацитет, вместимост, съдържание, доволенBulgarian
- content, contingutCatalan, Valencian
- obsah, podstata, spokojenýCzech
- tilfreds, tilfredsstille, indhold, stille tilfredsDanish
- Inhalt, zufriedenGerman
- contentar, contenido, contentoSpanish
- sisu, sisaldusEstonian
- tyytyväinen, substanssi, sisältö, tyydyttääFinnish
- contente, contenu, satisfaire, contentFrench
- sàsaich, susbaintScottish Gaelic
- kielégít, tartalom, elégedettHungarian
- contenuto, soddisfare, contentoItalian
- 内容, 含有量, コンテンツ, 満足しているJapanese
- 콘텐츠, 內容, 내용Korean
- inhoud, tevredenstellen, tevreden, vergenoegenDutch
- innhaldNorwegian Nynorsk
- fornøyd, tilfredsNorwegian
- treść, zawartość, ilość, pojemnośćPolish
- contentar, conteúdo, satisfazer, satisfeito, teor, contentePortuguese
- mulțumi, conținut, mulțumitRomanian
- содержание, довольный, сущность, контент, содержимоеRussian
- tillfredsställd, tillfreds, innehåll, nöja, nöjdSwedish
- laman, nilalaman, kuntentoTagalog
- 內容, nội dungVietnamese
Get even more translations for Content »
Find a translation for the Content definition in other languages:
Select another language: