Definitions for Coachkoʊtʃ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Coach
coach, manager, handler(noun)
(sports) someone in charge of training an athlete or a team
coach, private instructor, tutor(noun)
a person who gives private instruction (as in singing, acting, etc.)
passenger car, coach, carriage(noun)
a railcar where passengers ride
coach, four-in-hand, coach-and-four(noun)
a carriage pulled by four horses with one driver
bus, autobus, coach, charabanc, double-decker, jitney, motorbus, motorcoach, omnibus, passenger vehicle(verb)
a vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport
"he always rode the bus to work"
teach and supervise (someone); act as a trainer or coach (to), as in sports
"He is training our Olympic team"; "She is coaching the crew"
drive a coach
A wheeled vehicle, generally drawn by horse power.
A railroad car drawn by a locomotive.
A trainer or instructor.
A single decked long-distance, or privately hired bus.
The forward part of the cabin space under the poop deck of a sailing ship; the fore-cabin under the quarter deck.
That part of a commercial passenger airplane reserved for those paying standard fare.
John flew coach to Vienna, but first-class back home.
She has coached many opera stars.
Origin: From coche, from Kutsche, from kocsi. According to historians, the coach was named after the small Hungarian town of Kocs, which made a livelihood from cart building and transport between Vienna and Budapest.
a large, closed, four-wheeled carriage, having doors in the sides, and generally a front and back seat inside, each for two persons, and an elevated outside seat in front for the driver
a special tutor who assists in preparing a student for examination; a trainer; esp. one who trains a boat's crew for a race
a cabin on the after part of the quarter-deck, usually occupied by the captain
a first-class passenger car, as distinguished from a drawing-room car, sleeping car, etc. It is sometimes loosely applied to any passenger car
to convey in a coach
to prepare for public examination by private instruction; to train by special instruction
to drive or to ride in a coach; -- sometimes used with
In sports, a coach is a person involved in the direction, instruction and training of the operations of a sports team or of individual sportspeople. A coach may also be a teacher.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Coach' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3443
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Coach' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3799
Rank popularity for the word 'Coach' in Nouns Frequency: #1182
Translations for Coach
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ممرن, مدربArabic
- треньор, тренирам, вагон, пощенска колаBulgarian
- entrenador, autocarCatalan, Valencian
- kouč, trénovat, kočár, trenérCzech
- Trainer, Bus, trainieren, Kutsche, Wagen, Reisebus, Überlandbus, ausbildenGerman
- προπονήτρια, προπονώ, πούλμαν, προπονητής, βαγόνιGreek
- entrenar, coche, entrenador, entrenadora, autocar, vagónSpanish
- کالسکه, واگن, مربیPersian
- linja-auto, vaunut, vaunu, bussi, valmentaja, valmentaaFinnish
- coche, entraîner, voiture, entraîneurFrench
- hintó, kocsi, távolsági autóbusz, vagon, edző, távolsági buszHungarian
- վագոն, կառք, մարզիչArmenian
- vettura, diligenza, allenatore, corriera, carrozza, carrozza ferroviaria, allenare, addestrare, istruttore, coachItalian
- 馬車, トレーナー, コーチJapanese
- 코치, 트레이너Korean
- erebane, antrenor, otobûs, rahênan, fêr kirin, erebe, vagon, rahênerKurdish
- kariete, ratiLatvian
- тренер, тренира, кочија, вагонMacedonian
- coach, trainen, opleiden, koets, trainer, reisbus, coachenDutch
- vogn, trenerNorwegian
- autokar, trrenować, powóz, trener, karetaPolish
- treinador, treinar, autocarro, ônibus, coche, carruagem, técnico, carreiraPortuguese
- повозка, коляска, экипаж, тренер, автобус, карета, дилижанс, вагонRussian
- вагон, kòčija, кочијаSerbo-Croatian
- tréner, trénovaťSlovak
- kočija, vagon, trener, trenerka, treniratiSlovene
- diligens, vagn, coach, buss, skjuts, tränare, träna, coacha, långfärdsbussSwedish
- mkufunzi, kochaSwahili
Get even more translations for Coach »
Find a translation for the Coach definition in other languages:
Select another language: