Definitions for CheckPointˈtʃɛkˌpɔɪnt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word CheckPoint
a place (as at a frontier) where travellers are stopped for inspection and clearance
A point or place where a check is performed, especially a point along a road or on a frontier where travellers are stopped for inspection
The travellers were stopped at the checkpoint.
a situation, often represented by a point in time, at which the state of a database system is known to be valid, and to which it can be returned in the event of a crisis by using a combination of backups and logs; the data stored at this event
After the crash, we rolled back the database to the last checkpoint.
A predetermined point in a map, level or scenario that the player may resume from if they die or restart from if they choose to.
You can't finish the race if you haven't passed all of the checkpoints on the track.
To set a checkpoint
"Checkpoint" is the twelfth episode of season 5 of the television show Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. A predetermined point on the surface of the Earth used as a means of controlling movement, a registration target for fire adjustment, or reference for location. 2. Center of impact; a burst center. 3. Geographical location on land or water above which the position of an aircraft in flight may be determined by observation or by electrical means. 4. A place where military police check vehicular or pedestrian traffic in order to enforce circulation control measures and other laws, orders, and regulations.
Images & Illustrations of CheckPoint
Translations for CheckPoint
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- نقطة تفتيشArabic
- Kontrollpunkt, KontrollstelleGerman
- puesto de controlSpanish
- ایست بازرسیPersian
- point de contrôleFrench
- posto di bloccoItalian
- doorlaatpost, checkpointDutch
- КПП, пункт пропускаRussian
- контролна тачкаSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for CheckPoint »
Find a translation for the CheckPoint definition in other languages:
Select another language: