the sound made by a pigeon
speak softly or lovingly
"The mother who held her baby was cooing softly"
cry softly, as of pigeons
The murmuring sound made by a dove or pigeon.
To make a soft murmuring sound, as a pigeon.
To speak in an admiring fashion, to be enthusiastic about.
Expression of fright, surprise, approval, etc.
to make a low repeated cry or sound, like the characteristic note of pigeons or doves
to show affection; to act in a loving way. See under Bill, v. i
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
kōō, v.i. to make a sound as a dove: to caress fondly, usually in phrase, 'to bill and coo:'—pr.p. cōō′ing; pa.p. cōōed.—n. the sound emitted by doves.—adv. Coo′ingly. [From the sound.]
What does COO stand for? -- Explore the various meanings for the COO acronym on the Abbreviations.com website.
The numerical value of COO in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of COO in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Images & Illustrations of COO
Translations for COO
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- гукане, гукамBulgarian
- vrkot, vrkatCzech
- Girren, GurrenGerman
- arrullo, arrullarSpanish
- kujerrus, kujertaaFinnish
- roucoulement, roucoulerFrench
- dùrdail, dèan dùrdailScottish Gaelic
- kurr, hjala ljúflega, hvísla blíðuorðumIcelandic
- tubare, grugare, tortoreggiare, cuccuItalian
- koeren, roekoeën, roekoeDutch
- arrulho, arrulharPortuguese
- воркование, ворковатьRussian
- гугут, gugutati, гукати, gukati, гугутање, гугутати, gugutanje, gugut, тепати, tepatiSerbo-Croatian
- kutter, kuttraSwedish
Get even more translations for COO »
Find a translation for the COO definition in other languages:
Select another language: