Definitions for CHEFʃɛf
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word CHEF
a professional cook
The head cook of an establishment such as a restaurant, club, or wealthy family.
Origin: From chef de cuisine, chief (English chief), from capum (from which also captain, chieftain), from caput (English cap), from kauput- (English head).
a chief of head person
the head cook of large establishment, as a club, a family, etc
same as Chief
A chef is a person who cooks professionally for other people. Traditionally it refers to a highly skilled professional cook who is proficient in all aspects of food preparation.
The Roycroft Dictionary
The Messiah of gluttons; a Borgia of the scullery; one who crochets sweetbreads instead of cooking them.
Translations for CHEF
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- главен готвачBulgarian
- xefCatalan, Valencian
- Küchenchef, Chefkoch, Chefköchin, KüchenchefinGerman
- kokki, keittiömestariFinnish
- chef cuisinier, chefFrench
- xefe de cociñaGalician
- matsveinn, yfirmatsveinn, kokkur, matreiðslumaðurIcelandic
- クック, シェフ, 料理人, コック, 調理師Japanese
- 주방장, 요리사Korean
- шеф на кујнаMacedonian
- chʼiyáán ííłʼíníNavajo, Navaho
- kucharz, szef kuchniPolish
- köksmästare, kockSwedish
- ئاشپەزUyghur, Uighur
- jikvisinal, hikvisinal, kvisinalVolapük
Get even more translations for CHEF »
Find a translation for the CHEF definition in other languages:
Select another language: