Definitions for Blizzardˈblɪz ərd
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Blizzard
a storm with widespread snowfall accompanied by strong winds
a series of unexpected and unpleasant occurrences
"a rash of bank robberies"; "a blizzard of lawsuits"
A severe snowstorm, especially with strong winds and greatly reduced visibility.
A large amount of paperwork.
A large number of similar things, such as a blizzard of political ads.
To fall in windy conditions
a gale of piercingly cold wind, usually accompanied with fine and blinding snow; a furious blast
A blizzard is a severe snowstorm characterized by strong sustained winds of at least 56 km/h and lasting for a prolonged period of time — typically three hours or more. A severe blizzard has winds over 72 km/h, near zero visibility, and temperatures of −12 °C or lower. A ground blizzard is a weather condition where snow is not falling but loose snow on the ground is lifted and blown by strong winds.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The blizzard of the world has crossed the threshold and it's overturned the order of the soul...
Ever since that first blizzard in Boston at the end of January, it's been one artic air mass after another.
He knew exactly what I was looking for and came over to help me! Such a great person with Boston spirit during the blizzard!
We certainly have been preparing for this blizzard all week, which is going to drop a huge amount of snow on the District of Columbia that we haven't really seen in 90 years.
More than likely, we're probably going to go to a blizzard warning in eastern Massachusetts and particularly Cape Cod where they could see winds of 70 miles per hour (113 kph).
Images & Illustrations of Blizzard
Translations for Blizzard
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- фъртуна, виелицаBulgarian
- rufaga, torbCatalan, Valencian
- vánice, sněhová vichřice, sněhová bouře, chumelenice, blizard, meteliceCzech
- Schneesturm, BlizzardGerman
- χιονοθύελλα, θύελλα, χαρτομάνιGreek
- tempestad de nieve, ventiscaSpanish
- کولاک, بورانPersian
- pyry, myräkkä, lumimyrskyFinnish
- síobadh sneachtaIrish
- cathadh-sneachda, cathadhScottish Gaelic
- nivegoza tempestoIdo
- montagna, bufera di neve, marea, tormentaItalian
- סוּפַת שHebrew
- ningor, nigorLatin
- huka kairākauMāori
- цасан шуургаMongolian
- chííl bił hááyołNavajo, Navaho
- nawała, śnieżyca, nawał, zadymka, blizzard, zamiećPolish
- nevão, montanha, nevasca, montePortuguese
- viscol, viforRomanian
- снежная буря, метель, пурга, буран, вьюгаRussian
- mèćava, мѐћаваSerbo-Croatian
- snöstorm, snöoväderSwedish
Get even more translations for Blizzard »
Find a translation for the Blizzard definition in other languages:
Select another language: