Definitions for Batchbætʃ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Batch
all the loaves of bread baked at the same time
batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad(noun)
(often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
"a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
a collection of things or persons to be handled together
batch together; assemble or process as a batch
the quantity of bread baked at one time
a quantity of anything produced at one operation; a group or collection of persons or things of the same kind; as, a batch of letters; the next batch of business
Batch was the second album by Orange County pop punk band Big Drill Car, which was released in 1991. It was the last studio recording with the classic original line-up, and their last album distributed by Cruz Records. The album is widely considered to be a great follow-up to their 1989 classic debut CD Type Thing, with many fans actually citing it as the best album Big Drill Car made. Like many Big Drill Car albums, Batch is currently out of print.
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. Non-interactive. Hackers use this somewhat more loosely than the traditional technical definitions justify; in particular, switches on a normally interactive program that prepare it to receive non-interactive command input are often referred to as batch mode switches. A batch file is a series of instructions written to be handed to an interactive program running in batch mode. 2. Performance of dreary tasks all at one sitting. “I finally sat down in batch mode and wrote out checks for all those bills; I guess they'll turn the electricity back on next week...”
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I remember we once made bad coffee, but we just brew a new batch.
I'm going to have an extra big batch to sell next month on Easter Friday.
The first batch of 120 fighters from those willing to go back home will be flying out today.
What we're seeing in this batch of shows is the idea that true crime can have some kind of social utility.
The Iranians are clearly stepping it up to battle for market share in Europe where the Russians, Saudis and even the first batch of U.S. exports have gone to, so it's a battle royale.
Images & Illustrations of Batch
Translations for Batch
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- партида, порция, фурнаBulgarian
- lote, hornadaSpanish
- erä, joukko, sarja, satsi, nippuFinnish
- fournée, lot, jeuFrench
- lotto, infornata, serie, batchItalian
- バッチ, 束, 群れJapanese
- ladning, batchNorwegian
- wsad, stosPolish
- fornada, lotePortuguese
- партия, серия, пакет, порция, бэтч, бэчRussian
- sats, bak, batchSwedish
Get even more translations for Batch »
Find a translation for the Batch definition in other languages:
Select another language: