Definitions for Batchbætʃ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Batch
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
a quantity or number coming at one time or taken together; group; lot:
a batch of prisoners.
the quantity of bread, dough, etc., made at one baking:
a batch of cookies.
the quantity of material prepared or required for one operation:
to mix a batch of concrete.
a group of jobs, data, programs, or commands treated as a unit for computer processing.
a quantity of raw materials mixed in proper proportions and prepared for fusion into glass. the material so mixed.
(v.t.)to combine, mix, or process in a batch.
Origin of batch:
1400–50; late ME bache, akin to bacan to bake
Category: Common Vocabulary, Informal
Ref: bach . 1
all the loaves of bread baked at the same time
batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad(noun)
(often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
"a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
a collection of things or persons to be handled together
batch together; assemble or process as a batch
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
a group of things created or worked on together
a batch of cookies; work divided up into batches
the quantity of bread baked at one time
a quantity of anything produced at one operation; a group or collection of persons or things of the same kind; as, a batch of letters; the next batch of business
Batch was the second album by Orange County pop punk band Big Drill Car, which was released in 1991. It was the last studio recording with the classic original line-up, and their last album distributed by Cruz Records. The album is widely considered to be a great follow-up to their 1989 classic debut CD Type Thing, with many fans actually citing it as the best album Big Drill Car made. Like many Big Drill Car albums, Batch is currently out of print.
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. Non-interactive. Hackers use this somewhat more loosely than the traditional technical definitions justify; in particular, switches on a normally interactive program that prepare it to receive non-interactive command input are often referred to as batch mode switches. A batch file is a series of instructions written to be handed to an interactive program running in batch mode. 2. Performance of dreary tasks all at one sitting. “I finally sat down in batch mode and wrote out checks for all those bills; I guess they'll turn the electricity back on next week...”
Translations for Batch
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
a number of things made, delivered etc, all at one time
a batch of bread; The letters were sent out in batches.
- bondel, baksel, klompAfrikaans
- كميّه، دُفْعَةٌ مِنArabic
- lotePortuguese (BR)
- várka, dávka, balíkCzech
- die MengeGerman
- bundt; portionDanish
- φουρνιά, παρτίδαGreek
- hornada; loteSpanish
- tegu (leiba), partii, portsEstonian
- دسته؛ گروهFarsi
- tas, paquetFrench
- egy sütet, tétel, csomóHungarian
- paket, adonanIndonesian
- samsafn, slatti, sending, hópurIcelandic
- infornata; lotto, partita; mucchioItalian
- 한 번에 처리되는 양Korean
- partija, siuntaLithuanian
- dalam kumpulanMalay
- porsjon; sendingNorwegian
- plik, partiaPolish
- دسته؛ گروهPersian
- حواله، يو تنور (ډوډۍ)، يوپخلى (خواړه)، يوه دسته (كاغذ)، يوه دسته يا اندازه (دهرشى)، يو فصلPashto
- grămadă; pachetRomanian
- пачка; группа; кучкаRussian
- dávka, várka; balíkSlovak
- hop, omgång, buntSwedish
- yığın, grup, partiTurkish
- 一次生產量，一批Chinese (Trad.)
- повна піч хліба; пачкаUkrainian
- دستہ ، جتھاUrdu
- 一次生产量，一批Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for Batch »
Find a translation for the Batch definition in other languages:
Select another language: