all the loaves of bread baked at the same time
batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad(noun)
(often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
"a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
a collection of things or persons to be handled together
batch together; assemble or process as a batch
the quantity of bread baked at one time
a quantity of anything produced at one operation; a group or collection of persons or things of the same kind; as, a batch of letters; the next batch of business
Batch was the second album by Orange County pop punk band Big Drill Car, which was released in 1991. It was the last studio recording with the classic original line-up, and their last album distributed by Cruz Records. The album is widely considered to be a great follow-up to their 1989 classic debut CD Type Thing, with many fans actually citing it as the best album Big Drill Car made. Like many Big Drill Car albums, Batch is currently out of print.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
bach, n. the quantity of bread baked or of anything made or got ready at one time: a set. [From Bake.]
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. Non-interactive. Hackers use this somewhat more loosely than the traditional technical definitions justify; in particular, switches on a normally interactive program that prepare it to receive non-interactive command input are often referred to as batch mode switches. A batch file is a series of instructions written to be handed to an interactive program running in batch mode. 2. Performance of dreary tasks all at one sitting. “I finally sat down in batch mode and wrote out checks for all those bills; I guess they'll turn the electricity back on next week...”
The numerical value of Batch in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of Batch in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I'm going to have an extra big batch to sell next month on Easter Friday.
The first batch of 120 fighters from those willing to go back home will be flying out today.
This particular batch may have had a mixture of several kinds of designer drug chemicals, making the health risks unpredictable and treatment to combat the effects complex and problematic.
This particular batch may have had a mixture of several kinds of designer drug chemicals, making the health risks unpredictable and treatment to combat the effects, complex and problematic.
Most women don't want somebody else's eggs, they want their own, so a woman on a career path or who is consciously going to delay childbearing has the option of putting a batch of eggs in the freezer so she can be her own egg donor if she turns out to need it.
Images & Illustrations of Batch
Translations for Batch
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- партида, порция, фурнаBulgarian
- σύνολο παραγωγήςGreek
- lote, hornadaSpanish
- erä, joukko, sarja, satsi, nippuFinnish
- fournée, lot, jeuFrench
- lotto, infornata, serie, batchItalian
- バッチ, 束, 群れJapanese
- lot, partijDutch
- ladning, batchNorwegian
- wsad, stosPolish
- fornada, lotePortuguese
- партия, серия, пакет, порция, бэтч, бэчRussian
- sats, bak, batchSwedish
Get even more translations for Batch »
Find a translation for the Batch definition in other languages:
Select another language: