Definitions for Bastardˈbæs tərd
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Bastard
asshole, bastard, cocksucker, dickhead, shit, mother fucker, motherfucker, prick, whoreson, son of a bitch, SOB(noun)
insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
bastard, by-blow, love child, illegitimate child, illegitimate, whoreson(noun)
the illegitimate offspring of unmarried parents
derogatory term for a variation that is not genuine; something irregular or inferior or of dubious origin
"the architecture was a kind of bastard suggesting Gothic but not true Gothic"
bogus, fake, phony, phoney, bastard(adj)
fraudulent; having a misleading appearance
A person who was born out of wedlock, and hence often considered an illegitimate descendant.
A mongrel. A biological cross between different breeds, groups or varieties.
A contemptible, inconsiderate, overly or arrogantly rude or spiteful person. See asshole, sod.
Some bastard stole my car while I was helping an injured person.
A man, a fellow, a male friend.
A child that does not know his or her father.
Something extremely difficult or unpleasant to deal with.
Life can be a real bastard.
A variation that is not genuine; something irregular or inferior or of dubious origin, fake or counterfeit.
The architecture was a kind of bastard, suggesting Gothic but not being true Gothic.
An intermediate-grade steel file; also : bastard file.
A long, straight, narrow sword, with an undecorated hilt; a longsword.
A sweet wine.
of or like a bastard (illegitimate human descendant)
of or like a bastard (bad person)
of or like a mongrel, bastardized creature/cross
of abnormal, irregular or otherwise inferior qualities (size, shape etc.)
spurious, lacking genuinity of authenticity: counterfeit, fake
Exclamation of strong dismay or strong sense of being upset.
Origin: From bastard, bastarde, from Late bastard, from bastard, from Old Low * (compare Middle Dutch bast) and derogatory suffix -ard, from banstuz (compare West Frisian boask, boaste), from bʰendʰ-; or equivalent to . Cognate with bastert, bastaard, Bastard, bastarður. Probably originally referred to a child from a polygynous marriage of Germanic custom but not sanctioned by the Church.
a "natural" child; a child begotten and born out of wedlock; an illegitimate child; one born of an illicit union
an inferior quality of soft brown sugar, obtained from the sirups that / already had several boilings
a large size of mold, in which sugar is drained
a sweet Spanish wine like muscadel in flavor
a writing paper of a particular size. See Paper
begotten and born out of lawful matrimony; illegitimate. See Bastard, n., note
lacking in genuineness; spurious; false; adulterate; -- applied to things which resemble those which are genuine, but are really not so
of an unusual make or proportion; as, a bastard musket; a bastard culverin
abbreviated, as the half title in a page preceding the full title page of a book
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
bas′tard, n. a child born of parents not married.—adj. born out of wedlock: not genuine: resembling, but not identical with, the species bearing the name: of abnormal shape or size: false.—n. Bas′tard-bar, a popular but inaccurate name for the baton-sinister in heraldry.—v.t. Bas′tardise, to prove to be a bastard.—adv. Bas′tardly (obs.).—ns. Bas′tard-wing, three, four, or five feathers springing from the side of the wing of a bird near the point, attached to a bony process which is the homologue of the thumb in some mammalia; Bas′tardy, Bas′tardism, the state of being a bastard.—Bastard title, an abbreviated title of a book on an otherwise blank page preceding the full title-page; Bastard types, types cast with an extra deep bevel to obviate the use of leads, as Longprimer face on Pica body. [Fr. bâtard; O. Fr. fils de bast, son of the pack-saddle, bast (bât) being a coarse saddle for beasts of burden.]
The Roycroft Dictionary
Any man who doubts his own immaculate conception.
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Bastard' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2915
Rank popularity for the word 'Bastard' in Nouns Frequency: #1899
The numerical value of Bastard in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of Bastard in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Is my friend in the bunker or is the bastard on the green
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
He who lives by the sword, will eventually be wiped out by some bastard with a sawn off shotgun
I will speak for my brother, it hurts like hell to have your head bashed in with a baseball bat. Do not feel sorry for the bastard who took my life.
I will speak for my brother, 'It hurts like hell to have your head bashed in with a baseball bat. Do not feel sorry for the bastard who took my life.'.
Images & Illustrations of Bastard
Translations for Bastard
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- извънбрачен, копеле, незаконнороден, мелез, копелдашки, фалшив, подправенBulgarian
- bastard, bord, fill de putaCatalan, Valencian
- uægte barn, røvhul, bastardDanish
- Bastard, Mistkerl, Bankert, ArschGerman
- εξώγαμο, μπάσταρδος, μπασταρδεμένος, μιξογενής, παλιόφιλος, νόθο, μπάσταρδο, νόθοςGreek
- hijo de puta, bastardo, desgraciadoSpanish
- jobu, feik, sohilaps, ristsugutis, värdjas, tõbras, raibeEstonian
- [[keski-, roisto, lehtolapsi, ristisiitos, [[avioton]] [[lapsi]], kiusankappale, paskiainen, äpärä, sekasikiö, jäljitelmä, kusipää, jätkä, mulkkuFinnish
- bâtard, salaud, salopard, fils de pute, enculéFrench
- bastar, bajingan, bangsat, anak haram, berengsekIndonesian
- bastardo, brutta bestia, figlio di puttanaItalian
- копиле, лангач, битанга, мелез, кучкин син, шкартMacedonian
- nep, rotzak, kreng, vervalsing, klootzak, buitenechtelijk kind, bastaard, mormel, voorvijl, onecht kind, onwettig kind, straathond, rotding, bastaardvijl, hoerenjong, ondermaats, smeerlapDutch
- bastard, løsunge, lausunge, drittsekkNorwegian
- yátashkiʼNavajo, Navaho
- bękart, skurwysyn, sukinsyn, skurwielPolish
- mestiço, filho da puta, bastardo, sacana, filho da mãe, bosta!, merda!Portuguese
- bastard, haimana, hibrid, bastarzi, hibrizi, bastarde, corcituri, haimanaleRomanian
- гад, ублюдок, незаконнорожденный, внебрачный ребёнок, козёл, сука, бастард, незаконный ребёнок, мудак, сукин сын, байстрюк, выблядок, сволочь, метис, нечистокровныйRussian
- mješanac, копиле, gnjida, kopile, gad, probisvijet, gadura, битанга, bitangaSerbo-Croatian
- kopile, kopilAlbanian
- bastard, skitstövel, sate, jävel, oäkting, skit, horungeSwedish
- piç, melez, piçlerTurkish
- baståd, bastådeWalloon
Get even more translations for Bastard »
Find a translation for the Bastard definition in other languages:
Select another language: