asshole, bastard, cocksucker, dickhead, shit, mother fucker, motherfucker, prick, whoreson, son of a bitch, SOB(noun)
insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
bastard, by-blow, love child, illegitimate child, illegitimate, whoreson(noun)
the illegitimate offspring of unmarried parents
derogatory term for a variation that is not genuine; something irregular or inferior or of dubious origin
"the architecture was a kind of bastard suggesting Gothic but not true Gothic"
bogus, fake, phony, phoney, bastard(adj)
fraudulent; having a misleading appearance
A person who was born out of wedlock, and hence often considered an illegitimate descendant.
A mongrel. A biological cross between different breeds, groups or varieties.
A contemptible, inconsiderate, overly or arrogantly rude or spiteful person. See asshole, sod.
Some bastard stole my car while I was helping an injured person.
A man, a fellow, a male friend.
A child that does not know his or her father.
Something extremely difficult or unpleasant to deal with.
Life can be a real bastard.
A variation that is not genuine; something irregular or inferior or of dubious origin, fake or counterfeit.
The architecture was a kind of bastard, suggesting Gothic but not being true Gothic.
An intermediate-grade steel file; also : bastard file.
A long, straight, narrow sword, with an undecorated hilt; a longsword.
A sweet wine.
of or like a bastard (illegitimate human descendant)
of or like a bastard (bad person)
of or like a mongrel, bastardized creature/cross
of abnormal, irregular or otherwise inferior qualities (size, shape etc.)
spurious, lacking genuinity of authenticity: counterfeit, fake
Exclamation of strong dismay or strong sense of being upset.
Origin: From bastard, bastarde, from Late bastard, from bastard, from Old Low * (compare Middle Dutch bast) and derogatory suffix -ard, from banstuz (compare West Frisian boask, boaste), from bʰendʰ-; or equivalent to . Cognate with bastert, bastaard, Bastard, bastarður. Probably originally referred to a child from a polygynous marriage of Germanic custom but not sanctioned by the Church.
a "natural" child; a child begotten and born out of wedlock; an illegitimate child; one born of an illicit union
an inferior quality of soft brown sugar, obtained from the sirups that / already had several boilings
a large size of mold, in which sugar is drained
a sweet Spanish wine like muscadel in flavor
a writing paper of a particular size. See Paper
begotten and born out of lawful matrimony; illegitimate. See Bastard, n., note
lacking in genuineness; spurious; false; adulterate; -- applied to things which resemble those which are genuine, but are really not so
of an unusual make or proportion; as, a bastard musket; a bastard culverin
abbreviated, as the half title in a page preceding the full title page of a book
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
bas′tard, n. a child born of parents not married.—adj. born out of wedlock: not genuine: resembling, but not identical with, the species bearing the name: of abnormal shape or size: false.—n. Bas′tard-bar, a popular but inaccurate name for the baton-sinister in heraldry.—v.t. Bas′tardise, to prove to be a bastard.—adv. Bas′tardly (obs.).—ns. Bas′tard-wing, three, four, or five feathers springing from the side of the wing of a bird near the point, attached to a bony process which is the homologue of the thumb in some mammalia; Bas′tardy, Bas′tardism, the state of being a bastard.—Bastard title, an abbreviated title of a book on an otherwise blank page preceding the full title-page; Bastard types, types cast with an extra deep bevel to obviate the use of leads, as Longprimer face on Pica body. [Fr. bâtard; O. Fr. fils de bast, son of the pack-saddle, bast (bât) being a coarse saddle for beasts of burden.]
The Roycroft Dictionary
Any man who doubts his own immaculate conception.
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Bastard' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2915
Rank popularity for the word 'Bastard' in Nouns Frequency: #1899
The numerical value of Bastard in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of Bastard in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Images & Illustrations of Bastard
Translations for Bastard
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- извънбрачен, копеле, незаконнороден, мелез, копелдашки, фалшив, подправенBulgarian
- bastard, bord, fill de putaCatalan, Valencian
- uægte barn, røvhul, bastardDanish
- Bastard, Mistkerl, Bankert, ArschGerman
- εξώγαμο, μπάσταρδος, μπασταρδεμένος, μιξογενής, παλιόφιλος, νόθο, μπάσταρδο, νόθοςGreek
- hijo de puta, bastardo, desgraciadoSpanish
- jobu, feik, sohilaps, ristsugutis, värdjas, tõbras, raibeEstonian
- [[keski-, roisto, lehtolapsi, ristisiitos, [[avioton]] [[lapsi]], kiusankappale, paskiainen, äpärä, sekasikiö, jäljitelmä, kusipää, jätkä, mulkkuFinnish
- bâtard, salaud, salopard, fils de pute, enculéFrench
- bastar, bajingan, bangsat, anak haram, berengsekIndonesian
- bastardo, brutta bestia, figlio di puttanaItalian
- копиле, лангач, битанга, мелез, кучкин син, шкартMacedonian
- nep, rotzak, kreng, vervalsing, klootzak, buitenechtelijk kind, bastaard, mormel, voorvijl, onecht kind, onwettig kind, straathond, rotding, bastaardvijl, hoerenjong, ondermaats, smeerlapDutch
- bastard, løsunge, lausunge, drittsekkNorwegian
- yátashkiʼNavajo, Navaho
- bękart, skurwysyn, sukinsyn, skurwielPolish
- mestiço, filho da puta, bastardo, sacana, filho da mãe, bosta!, merda!Portuguese
- bastard, haimana, hibrid, bastarzi, hibrizi, bastarde, corcituri, haimanaleRomanian
- гад, ублюдок, незаконнорожденный, внебрачный ребёнок, козёл, сука, бастард, незаконный ребёнок, мудак, сукин сын, байстрюк, выблядок, сволочь, метис, нечистокровныйRussian
- mješanac, копиле, gnjida, kopile, gad, probisvijet, gadura, битанга, bitangaSerbo-Croatian
- kopile, kopilAlbanian
- bastard, skitstövel, sate, jävel, oäkting, skit, horungeSwedish
- piç, melez, piçlerTurkish
- baståd, bastådeWalloon
Get even more translations for Bastard »
Find a translation for the Bastard definition in other languages:
Select another language: