Definitions for BUTTbʌt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word BUTT
butt, butt end(noun)
thick end of the handle
the part of a plant from which the roots spring or the part of a stalk or trunk nearest the roots
butt, goat, laughingstock, stooge(noun)
a victim of ridicule or pranks
buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass(noun)
the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
"he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at
cigarette, cigaret, coffin nail, butt, fag(noun)
finely ground tobacco wrapped in paper; for smoking
butt joint, butt(noun)
a joint made by fastening ends together without overlapping
a large cask (especially one holding a volume equivalent to 2 hogsheads or 126 gallons)
the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
border, adjoin, edge, abut, march, butt, butt against, butt on(verb)
lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
"Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
to strike, thrust or shove against
"He butted his sister out of the way"; "The goat butted the hiker with his horns"
place end to end without overlapping
"The frames must be butted at the joints"
The buttocks; used as a euphemism, less objectionable than arse/ass
Get up off your butt and get to work.
The whole buttocks and pelvic region that includes one's private parts.
A used cigarette.
The larger or thicker end of anything; the blunt end, in distinction from the sharp end; as, the butt of a rifle. Formerly also spelled but.
A limit; a bound; a goal; the extreme bound; the end.
A mark to be shot at; a target.
A piece of land left unplowed at the end of a field.
A person at whom ridicule, jest, or contempt is directed.
He's usually the butt of their jokes.
To strike bluntly, particularly with the head.
A push, thrust, or sudden blow, given by the head; a head butt.
A thrust in fencing.
The plastic or rubber cap used to cover the open end of a lacrosse stick's shaft in order to prevent injury.
The portion of a half-coupling fastened to the end of a hose.
The end of a connecting rod or other like piece, to which the boxing is attached by the strap, cotter, and gib.
A joint where the ends of two objects come squarely together without scarfing or chamfering; u2013 also called a butt joint.
A kind of hinge used in hanging doors, etc., so named because it is attached to the inside edge of the door and butts against the casing, instead of on its face, like the strap hinge; also called butt hinge.
The joint where two planks in a strake meet.
The thickest and stoutest part of tanned oxhides, used for soles of boots, harness, trunks.
The hut or shelter of the person who attends to the targets in rifle practice.
An English measure of capacity for liquids, containing 126 wine gallons which is one-half tun; equivalent to the pipe.
A wooden cask for storing wine, usually containing 126 gallons.
Any of various flatfish such as sole, plaice or turbot
alt. of But
to join at the butt, end, or outward extremity; to terminate; to be bounded; to abut
to thrust the head forward; to strike by thrusting the head forward, as an ox or a ram. [See Butt, n.]
to strike by thrusting the head against; to strike with the head
a large cask or vessel for wine or beer. It contains two hogsheads
the common English flounder
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I want to have all that up my butt
I wanted the round butt. The whole J-Lo look.
What we look squarely in the eye rarely bites us in the butt.
And Neal Smith, an old butt buddy, are you here Neal? neal, I miss you, man. I miss you.
I'm working my butt off to help the President, frankly, the President happens to be right on it.
Images & Illustrations of BUTT
Translations for BUTT
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- dal, sağrıAzerbaijani
- седніца, попа, дупа, седаўка, задніцаBelarusian
- задник, фас, дупе, угарка, гъз, приклад, блъскам с главаBulgarian
- burilla, punta, tossarCatalan, Valencian
- pažba, prdel, zadek, hýždě, nedopalekCzech
- røv, skodDanish
- Stummel, Po, Kolben, Arsch, Kippe, Gesäß, Zigarettenkippe, ZigarettenstummelGerman
- chinga, chenca, bacha, nalgas, pucho, colilla, culo, pava, topetada, chiva, chicote, calilla, topetazo, topetarSpanish
- کپل, سرینPersian
- pusku, pylly, piennar, monttu, pehva, maali, puskaisu, raja, natsa, peppu, tupakantumppi, päämäärä, perä, itse, tumppi, naurunaihe, maalitaulu, kampela, peffa, nuppi, puskeaFinnish
- derrière, crosse, mégot, culFrench
- togsaid, bun, barailleScottish Gaelic
- नितम्ब, बटHindi
- քամակ, հետույք, տուտուզ, կճատArmenian
- rass, stubbur, sígarettustubbur, afturendiIcelandic
- culo, sedere, cornata, cozzareItalian
- 吸殻, 尻Japanese
- დუნდულა, უკანალი, ტრაკიGeorgian
- 담배꽁초, 엉덩이, 꽁초Korean
- cūlus, clūnēsLatin
- kumu, whakakatangaMāori
- кундак, отпушок, газ, задник, пикавецMacedonian
- өгзөг, хонгоMongolian
- punggung, puntung rokokMalay
- peuk, kontDutch
- rumpe, bakNorwegian
- cuol, tafanariOccitan
- niedopałek, dupa, tyłek, kolba, pet, skóra, zadekPolish
- guimba, nádegas, cu, bunda, bitucaPortuguese
- cur, lovitura puternica cu capul, patul pustii, izbitura, fund, izbi cu capul, lovi puternicRomanian
- ягодицы, попа, задница, бычок, срака, приклад, окурок, жопа, попка, зад, бодать, боднутьRussian
- гуза, дупе, kundak, guza, dupe, guzica, задњица, гузица, zadnjicaSerbo-Croatian
- prdel, zadok, riťSlovak
- zadnjica, ritSlovene
- byth, bythëAlbanian
- röv, ända, kolv, fimp, bak, stump, stjärt, rumpa, stöta, stånga, buttSwedish
- puwit, dulo, upos, pwetTagalog
- дупа, зад, жопа, попа, сідницяUkrainian
Get even more translations for BUTT »
Find a translation for the BUTT definition in other languages:
Select another language: