Definitions for BUMbʌm
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word BUM
rotter, dirty dog, rat, skunk, stinker, stinkpot, bum, puke, crumb, lowlife, scum bag, so-and-so, git(noun)
a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible
"only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'"
tramp, hobo, bum(noun)
a disreputable vagrant
"a homeless tramp"; "he tried to help the really down-and-out bums"
idler, loafer, do-nothing, layabout, bum(noun)
person who does no work
"a lazy bum"
buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass(adj)
the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
"he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
bum, cheap, cheesy, chintzy, crummy, punk, sleazy, tinny(verb)
of very poor quality; flimsy
mooch, bum, cadge, grub, sponge(verb)
ask for and get free; be a parasite
bum, bum around, bum about, arse around, arse about, fuck off, loaf, frig around, waste one's time, lounge around, loll, loll around, lounge about(verb)
be lazy or idle
"Her son is just bumming around all day"
to depress; to make unhappy
Origin: 1864, , from Bummler, from bummeln
to make murmuring or humming sound
a humming noise
The Foolish Dictionary, by Gideon Wurdz
A fallen tough. BUMP A tough fall.
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'BUM' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3271
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I'm so healthy, i've got hips and boobs and a bum and a small waist.
Getting ideas is like shaving if you don't do it every day, you're a bum.
Why is the governor giving the people of Florida such a bum steer? does it have something to do with corporate influence.
Acting is the expression of a neurotic impulse. It's a bum's life. The principal benefit acting has afforded me is the money to pay for my psychoanalysis.
Images & Illustrations of BUM
Translations for BUM
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- дупе, нехранимайко, нечестен, негоден, повреден, задник, безделникBulgarian
- Wohnsitzlose, Penner, schnorrenGerman
- vaganto, trampo, vagabondo, vaguloEsperanto
- ano, vagabundo, trasero, vagoSpanish
- peppu, hulttio, pakarat, pummata, takapuoli, perse, pummi, perseenreikä, anus, renttuFinnish
- fesses, cul, tocard, trou du culFrench
- màs, tònScottish Gaelic
- deretano, vagabondo, glutei, sedere, scadente, oziare, culo, barbone, ano, didietro, fannulloItalian
- ろくでなし, くだらないやつ, 乞丐Japanese
- 乞丐, 걸개Korean
- reet, dakloze, kont, aftroggelen, billen, achterste, vagebond, achterwerk, anus, gat, landloper, bips, bietsen, poep, zwerverDutch
- ânus, brioco, nádegas, terceiro olho, bunda, traseiro, bumbum, cu, nalgas, sem-teto, implorar, olho de baixo, tobaPortuguese
- бродяга, попрошайка, бомж, клянчитьRussian
- anus, uteliggare, stjärt, luffare, rumpa, lodis, häck, lodare, rövhålSwedish
Get even more translations for BUM »
Find a translation for the BUM definition in other languages:
Select another language: