Definitions for BUGbʌg
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word BUG
general term for any insect or similar creeping or crawling invertebrate
a fault or defect in a computer program, system, or machine
a small hidden microphone; for listening secretly
hemipterous insect, bug, hemipteran, hemipteron(noun)
insects with sucking mouthparts and forewings thickened and leathery at the base; usually show incomplete metamorphosis
microbe, bug, germ(verb)
a minute life form (especially a disease-causing bacterium); the term is not in technical use
tease, badger, pester, bug, beleaguer(verb)
"The children teased the boy because of his stammer"
wiretap, tap, intercept, bug(verb)
tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information
"The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy"; "Is this hotel room bugged?"
An insect of the order Hemiptera (the "true bugs").
Any insect, arachnid, or other terrestrial arthropod that is a pest.
These flies are a bother. Iu2019ll get some bug spray and kill them.
Various species of marine crustaceans; e.g. a Morton Bay bug.
A problem that needs fixing, especially in computing.
The software bug led the computer to calculate 2 plus 2 as 5.
A contagious illness; a bacterium or virus causing it
Heu2019s got the flu bug.
An enthusiasm for something; an obsession
An electronic intercept device
We installed a bug in her telephone
A small and and usually invisible file (traditionally a single-pixel image) on a World Wide Web page, primarily used to track users.
He suspected the image was a web bug used for determining who was visiting the site.
A small, usually transparent or translucent image placed in a corner of a television program to indicate what network or cable channel is televising it
Channel 4's bug distracted Jim from his favorite show
Donu2019t bug me, Iu2019m busy!
To install an electronic listening device or devices in.
We need to know whatu2019s going on. Weu2019ll bug his house.
A manually positioned marker in flight instruments
A semi-automated telegraph key
the Bug River, flowing northwest 450 mi. between Belarus and Poland.
the Bug River in the Ukraine, flowing 530 mi. to the Dnieper estuary.
Origin: 1620 (referring to a bedbug); from earlier bugge 'beetle', conflation of (1) bugge 'scarecrow, hobgoblin', from bugja- 'swollen up, thick' (cf. Norwegian bugge 'big man', Low German dialect Bögge 'goblin, snot'); and (2) budde 'beetle', from Old English -budda (cf. scearnbudda 'dung beetle'), from buddōn (compare Low German Budde 'louse, grub', Norwegian budda 'newborn domestic animal'). More at bud.
a bugbear; anything which terrifies
a general name applied to various insects belonging to the Hemiptera; as, the squash bug; the chinch bug, etc
an insect of the genus Cimex, especially the bedbug (C. lectularius). See Bedbug
one of various species of Coleoptera; as, the ladybug; potato bug, etc.; loosely, any beetle
one of certain kinds of Crustacea; as, the sow bug; pill bug; bait bug; salve bug, etc
The New Hacker's Dictionary
An unwanted and unintended property of a program or piece of hardware, esp. one that causes it to malfunction. Antonym of feature. Examples: “There's a bug in the editor: it writes things out backwards.” “The system crashed because of a hardware bug.” “Fred is a winner, but he has a few bugs” (i.e., Fred is a good guy, but he has a few personality problems).
The Standard Electrical Dictionary
Any fault or trouble in the connections or working of electric apparatus.
Bug! is a 3D rendered platform/adventure video game developed by Realtime Associates for the Sega Saturn. Released in 1995 as a launch game for the Saturn in North America, it was one of the earliest 3D platform games. It was later localized to Europe and Japan, then ported to Windows 3.x and Windows 95 on August 31, 1996 by Beam Software, on one CD that contains both versions of the game.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The holy world glows like a lightening bug.
Time sneaks up on you like a windshield on a bug.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.
Fortunately, the second-to-last bug has just been fixed.
They have not yet fixed the bug that' OwnStar' is exploiting.
Translations for BUG
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- бръмбар, буболечкаBulgarian
- xinxa, mania, cuca, febre, defecte, errorCatalan, Valencian
- štěnice, chyba, broukCzech
- Wanze, Fehler, Bazillus, Ungeziefer, Logo, Schnabelkerf, Fieber, Mikrobe, Krabbeltier, Bug, Fehlfunktion, nerven, verwanzenGerman
- ελάττωμα, σφάλμα, κοριός, ζωύφιο, ιός, τρώωGreek
- [[micrófono]] [[oculto]], chinche, passión, manía, bicho, molestar, [[colocar]] [[micrófono]]s [[oculto]]sSpanish
- zomorro, insektuBasque
- ساس, باگPersian
- bugi, ötökkä, kärpänen, kuume, lude, salakuuntelulaite, logo, pöpö, kuuntelulaite, häiritä, asentaa salakuuntelulaite, ärsyttääFinnish
- insecte, mouchard, microbe, traceur, bug, pixel de tracking, punaise, manie, bogue, écoute, virus, cigale de mer, micro, logo, embêter, emmerder, ennuyer, enquiquiner, agacerFrench
- באג, חרק, סמל, חידקHebrew
- ensèkHaitian Creole
- mania, passione, logo della rete, errore, morbo, cimice, malfunzionamento, bacarozzo, virus, insetto, batterio, microspia, intercettare, spiare, infastidire, scocciareItalian
- ばい菌, バグ, 盗聴器, 不具合, 虫, 熱, 盗聴器を仕掛ける, 邪魔Japanese
- 벌레, 버그Korean
- kukainis, blaktisLatvian
- infezzjoni, vajrus, bagg, insett żgħirMaltese
- bug, beestje, insectDutch
- chʼoshNavajo, Navaho
- robak, byk, pluskwa, owad, logo, robal, [[podkładać]] [[pluskwa, [[założyć]] [[pluskwa, [[podłożyć]] [[pluskwa, wkurzać, [[zakładać]] [[pluskwaPolish
- defeito, micróbio, erro, ânimo, bicho, falha, hemíptero, bichinho, grampo, bug, grampear, chatearPortuguese
- gândac, microfon, gânganieRomanian
- поветрие, вирус, клоп, вирусное заболевание, увлечение, насекомое, козявка, букашка, ошибка, жучок, баг, помешательство, инфекция, дефект, [[устанавливать]] [[аппаратура, доставать, надоедатьRussian
- buba, mikrob, polukrilac, virus, bakterija, groznica, greška, kukac, insektSerbo-Croatian
- zajedavska stenica, stenica, hrošč, žužek, živcirati, namestiti prisluškovalno napravoSlovene
- bugg, kryp, buggaSwedish
- แมลง, แมงThai
- böcek, kızdırmakTurkish
Get even more translations for BUG »
Find a translation for the BUG definition in other languages:
Select another language: