the classification of someone or something with respect to its worth
an amount determined as payable
"the assessment for repairs outraged the club's membership"
the market value set on assets
judgment, judgement, assessment(noun)
the act of judging or assessing a person or situation or event
"they criticized my judgment of the contestants"
The act of assessing or an amount (of tax, levy or duty etc) assessed.
An appraisal or evaluation.
the act of assessing; the act of determining an amount to be paid; as, an assessment of damages, or of taxes; an assessment of the members of a club
a valuation of property or profits of business, for the purpose of taxation; such valuation and an adjudging of the proper sum to be levied on the property; as, an assessment of property or an assessment on property
the specific sum levied or assessed
an apportionment of a subscription for stock into successive installments; also, one of these installments (in England termed a "call")
Origin: [LL. assessamentum.]
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. A continuous process that measures the overall effectiveness of employing joint force capabilities during military operations. 2. Determination of the progress toward accomplishing a task, creating an effect, or achieving an objective. 3. Analysis of the security, effectiveness, and potential of an existing or planned intelligence activity. 4. Judgment of the motives, qualifications, and characteristics of present or prospective employees or
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Assessment' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1545
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Assessment' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2311
Rank popularity for the word 'Assessment' in Nouns Frequency: #605
The numerical value of Assessment in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of Assessment in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The positive development in industry confidence was fueled by an important improvement of managers' assessment of overall order books.
I would recommend that each one of us get a baseline assessment of our healthcare status by our primary care provider before starting any wellness initiative.
Now, it's too soon to make that assessment but indeed in early 2015 we have to look and assess if the (existing) programs are having the effect that we are expecting.
Although the details on the deal are pretty light so far, this is a sensible move for Aviva, it is consistent with management's focus on cash flow generation, the initial assessment suggests the valuation for the deal is fair.
A specific reference to the terrorist threat from Iran and Hezbollah—which was not included in any of the drafts of the testimony—would have been appropriate for the 2015 assessment, but the lack of its inclusion is in no way a change in the IC’s assessment.
Images & Illustrations of Assessment
Translations for Assessment
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- оценка, оценяване, облаганеBulgarian
- Schätzung, Begutachtung, BewertungGerman
- valoración, evaluaciónSpanish
- arviointi, veromäärä, taksoittaminen, verottaminenFinnish
- évaluation, estimationFrench
- measadhScottish Gaelic
- értékelés, kivetés, becslés, adókivetés, kirovásHungarian
- afweging, beoordelingDutch
- оценивание, оценка, оценка налогообложенияRussian
- zhodnotenie, ocenenieSlovak
- uppskattning, bedömning, utvärdering, skattning, värderingSwedish
- thẩm định, lượng định, đánh giáVietnamese
Get even more translations for Assessment »
Find a translation for the Assessment definition in other languages:
Select another language: