Definitions for Assessmentəˈsɛs mənt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Assessment
the classification of someone or something with respect to its worth
an amount determined as payable
"the assessment for repairs outraged the club's membership"
the market value set on assets
judgment, judgement, assessment(noun)
the act of judging or assessing a person or situation or event
"they criticized my judgment of the contestants"
The act of assessing or an amount (of tax, levy or duty etc) assessed.
An appraisal or evaluation.
the act of assessing; the act of determining an amount to be paid; as, an assessment of damages, or of taxes; an assessment of the members of a club
a valuation of property or profits of business, for the purpose of taxation; such valuation and an adjudging of the proper sum to be levied on the property; as, an assessment of property or an assessment on property
the specific sum levied or assessed
an apportionment of a subscription for stock into successive installments; also, one of these installments (in England termed a "call")
Origin: [LL. assessamentum.]
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. A continuous process that measures the overall effectiveness of employing joint force capabilities during military operations. 2. Determination of the progress toward accomplishing a task, creating an effect, or achieving an objective. 3. Analysis of the security, effectiveness, and potential of an existing or planned intelligence activity. 4. Judgment of the motives, qualifications, and characteristics of present or prospective employees or
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Assessment' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1545
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Assessment' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2311
Rank popularity for the word 'Assessment' in Nouns Frequency: #605
The numerical value of Assessment in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of Assessment in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The Trial Chamber's assessment of the facts was reasonable.
He is, isn't he? i did not give any other assessment of him.
My assessment is (Islamic State) is halted, on the defensive.
There might be a slight delay (to the project) due to this assessment.
The assessment forming is that this was a nationalistic terrorist attack.
Images & Illustrations of Assessment
Translations for Assessment
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- оценка, оценяване, облаганеBulgarian
- Schätzung, Begutachtung, BewertungGerman
- valoración, evaluaciónSpanish
- arviointi, veromäärä, taksoittaminen, verottaminenFinnish
- évaluation, estimationFrench
- measadhScottish Gaelic
- értékelés, kivetés, becslés, adókivetés, kirovásHungarian
- afweging, beoordelingDutch
- оценивание, оценка, оценка налогообложенияRussian
- zhodnotenie, ocenenieSlovak
- uppskattning, bedömning, utvärdering, skattning, värderingSwedish
Get even more translations for Assessment »
Find a translation for the Assessment definition in other languages:
Select another language: