assassin, assassinator, bravo(noun)
a murderer (especially one who kills a prominent political figure) who kills by a surprise attack and often is hired to do the deed
"his assassins were hunted down like animals"; "assassinators of kings and emperors"
a member of a secret order of Muslims (founded in the 12th century) who terrorized and killed Christian Crusaders
A member of a Muslim militant group responsible for murdering Christian leaders during the Crusades.
Someone who intentionally kills a person, especially a professional who kills a public or political figure.
Any ruthless killer.
Origin: From assassin or assassino, from (haššašīn, hashish users).
one who kills, or attempts to kill, by surprise or secret assault; one who treacherously murders any one unprepared for defense
Origin: [F. (cf. It. assassino), fr. Ar. hashishin one who has drunk of the hashish. Under its influence the Assassins of the East, followers of the Shaikh al-Jabal (Old Man of the Mountain), were said to commit the murders required by their chief.]
Jeffrey Campbell, better known as Assassin and sometimes as Agent Sasco, Agent 006 or Agent 00, is a Jamaican dancehall deejay.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
as-as′in, n. one who, usually for a reward, kills by surprise or secretly.—v.t. Assas′sinate, to murder by surprise or secret assault: (Milton) to maltreat: also figuratively, to destroy by treacherous means, as a reputation.—n. (obs.) one who assassinates.—ns. Assassinā′tion, secret murder; Assas′sinator. [Through Fr. or It. from Ar. hashshāshīn, 'hashish-eaters,' a military and religious order in Syria, of the 11th century, who became notorious for their secret murders in obedience to the will of their chief, and fortified themselves for their adventures by hashish, an intoxicating drug or drink made from hemp.]
Song lyrics by assassin -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by assassin on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of Assassin in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of Assassin in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Images & Illustrations of Assassin
Translations for Assassin
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- سفاح, قاتل, سفاك, حشاشArabic
- терорист, убиецBulgarian
- assassíCatalan, Valencian
- morder, attentatmand, snigmorderDanish
- Assassine, Auftragsmörder, Attentäter, Meuchelmörder, MörderGerman
- ασσασίνος, δολοφόνοςGreek
- آدمکش, حشاشینPersian
- murtairScottish Gaelic
- asszaszin, bérgyilkosHungarian
- 暗殺者, キラー, 刺客Japanese
- 암살자, 자객Korean
- percussor, assassīnus, cum sicario disputaboLatin
- moordenaar, AssassijnDutch
- snikmordarNorwegian Nynorsk
- zabójca, zamachowiec, asasyn, skrytobójcaPolish
- assassino, assassinaPortuguese
- ассаси́н, наёмный убийца, хашаши́н, убийца, киллерRussian
- убојица, атентатор, atentator, ubojicaSerbo-Croatian
- asasín, atentátnik, vrahSlovak
- atentatorka, atentatorSlovene
- ผู้สังหาร, ฆาตกรThai
- katil, haşhaşi, suikastçıTurkish
- kẻ ám sátVietnamese
Get even more translations for Assassin »
Find a translation for the Assassin definition in other languages:
Select another language: