Definitions for Assassinəˈsæs ɪn
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Assassin
assassin, assassinator, bravo(noun)
a murderer (especially one who kills a prominent political figure) who kills by a surprise attack and often is hired to do the deed
"his assassins were hunted down like animals"; "assassinators of kings and emperors"
a member of a secret order of Muslims (founded in the 12th century) who terrorized and killed Christian Crusaders
A member of a Muslim militant group responsible for murdering Christian leaders during the Crusades.
Someone who intentionally kills a person, especially a professional who kills a public or political figure.
Any ruthless killer.
Origin: From assassin or assassino, from (haššašīn, hashish users).
one who kills, or attempts to kill, by surprise or secret assault; one who treacherously murders any one unprepared for defense
Origin: [F. (cf. It. assassino), fr. Ar. hashishin one who has drunk of the hashish. Under its influence the Assassins of the East, followers of the Shaikh al-Jabal (Old Man of the Mountain), were said to commit the murders required by their chief.]
Jeffrey Campbell, better known as Assassin and sometimes as Agent Sasco, Agent 006 or Agent 00, is a Jamaican dancehall deejay.
Translations for Assassin
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- سفاح, قاتل, سفاك, حشاشArabic
- терорист, убиецBulgarian
- assassíCatalan, Valencian
- morder, attentatmand, snigmorderDanish
- Assassine, Auftragsmörder, Attentäter, Meuchelmörder, MörderGerman
- ασσασίνος, δολοφόνοςGreek
- آدمکش, حشاشینPersian
- murtairScottish Gaelic
- asszaszin, bérgyilkosHungarian
- 暗殺者, キラー, 刺客Japanese
- 암살자, 자객Korean
- percussor, assassīnusLatin
- moordenaar, AssassijnDutch
- snikmordarNorwegian Nynorsk
- zabójca, zamachowiec, asasyn, skrytobójcaPolish
- assassino, assassinaPortuguese
- ассаси́н, наёмный убийца, хашаши́н, убийца, киллерRussian
- убојица, атентатор, atentator, ubojicaSerbo-Croatian
- asasín, atentátnik, vrahSlovak
- atentatorka, atentatorSlovene
- katil, haşhaşi, suikastçıTurkish
- kẻ ám sátVietnamese
Get even more translations for Assassin »
Find a translation for the Assassin definition in other languages:
Select another language: