artificial intelligence, AI(noun)
the branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively
"workers in AI hope to imitate or duplicate intelligence in computers and robots"
Intelligence exhibited by an artificial (non-natural, man-made) entity.
The branch of computer science dealing with the reproduction or mimicking of human-level thought in computers.
The essential quality of a machine which thinks in a manner similar to or on the same general level as a human being.
a computer system or software package which is artificially intelligent
Artificial intelligence is technology and a branch of computer science that studies and develops intelligent machines and software. Major AI researchers and textbooks define the field as "the study and design of intelligent agents", where an intelligent agent is a system that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chances of success. John McCarthy, who coined the term in 1955, defines it as "the science and engineering of making intelligent machines". AI research is highly technical and specialised, deeply divided into subfields that often fail to communicate with each other. Some of the division is due to social and cultural factors: subfields have grown up around particular institutions and the work of individual researchers. AI research is also divided by several technical issues. There are subfields which are focused on the solution of specific problems, on one of several possible approaches, on the use of widely differing tools and towards the accomplishment of particular applications. The central problems of AI research include reasoning, knowledge, planning, learning, communication, perception and the ability to move and manipulate objects. General intelligence is still among the field's long term goals. Currently popular approaches include statistical methods, computational intelligence and traditional symbolic AI. There are an enormous number of tools used in AI, including versions of search and mathematical optimization, logic, methods based on probability and economics, and many others.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
The study and implementation of techniques and methods for designing computer systems to perform functions normally associated with human intelligence, such as understanding language, learning, reasoning, problem solving, etc.
The numerical value of Artificial Intelligence in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of Artificial Intelligence in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Images & Illustrations of Artificial Intelligence
Translations for Artificial Intelligence
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ذكاء اصطناعي, الذكاء الاصطناعيArabic
- কৃত্রিম বুদ্ধিমত্তাBengali
- umělá inteligenceCzech
- kunstig intelligensDanish
- künstliche IntelligenzGerman
- τεχνητή νοημοσύνηGreek
- inteligencia artificialSpanish
- هوش مصنوعیPersian
- äly, keinoäly, tekoälyFinnish
- intelligence artificielleFrench
- בִּינָה מְלָאכוּתִית, אינטליגנציה מלאכותיתHebrew
- कृत्रिम होHindi
- mesterséges intelligenciaHungarian
- kecerdasan buatanIndonesian
- gervigreind, gervigreindarfræðiIcelandic
- intelligenza artificialeItalian
- בינה מלאכותיתHebrew
- アーティフィシャルインテリジェンス, 人工知能Japanese
- 인공 지능Korean
- haranita-tsaina voatrolombelonaMalagasy
- вештачка интелигенцијаMacedonian
- kunstmatige intelligentieDutch
- kunstig intelligensNorwegian
- sztuczna inteligencjaPolish
- inteligência artificialPortuguese
- inteligență artificialăRomanian
- искусственный интеллект, ИИRussian
- कृत्रिम बुद्धिमताSanskrit
- umjetna inteligencija, veštačka inteligencija, umetna inteligencijaSerbo-Croatian
- artificiell intelligensSwedish
- செயற்கை நுண்ணறிவுTamil
- yapay zekaTurkish
- штучний інтелектUkrainian
- مصنوعی ذہانتUrdu
- trí tuệ nhân tạoVietnamese
- קינסטלעך סייכלYiddish
Get even more translations for Artificial Intelligence »
Find a translation for the Artificial Intelligence definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these Artificial Intelligence definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"Artificial Intelligence." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2017. Web. 13 Dec. 2017. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/Artificial Intelligence>.