annex, annexe, extension, wing(verb)
an addition that extends a main building
take (territory) as if by conquest
"Hitler annexed Lithuania"
to join or attach; usually to subjoin; to affix; to append; -- followed by to
to join or add, as a smaller thing to a greater
to attach or connect, as a consequence, condition, etc.; as, to annex a penalty to a prohibition, or punishment to guilt
to join; to be united
something annexed or appended; as, an additional stipulation to a writing, a subsidiary building to a main building; a wing
Origin: [F. annexe, L. annexus, neut. annexum, p. p. of annectere.]
Annex is a fictional character of the Marvel Universe, associated with Spider-Man. His first appearance was in The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #27. Annex' powers were the result of prosthetics through computer technology. After losing a leg, he volunteered for this program. Ellis now possesses the ability to increase his physical abilities, as well as create any weapon he requires.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
an-neks′, v.t. to add to the end: to join or attach: to take permanent possession of additional territory: to affix: append (with to).—n. something added: a supplementary building—often with the Fr. spelling annexe.—n. Annexā′tion, act of annexing.—n. and adj. Annexā′tionist.—ns. Annex′ion, Annex′ment (Shak.), addition: the thing annexed. [Fr. annexer—L. annex-um, annectĕre: ad, to, nect-ĕre, to tie.]
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
A document appended to an operation order or other document to make it clearer or to give further details.
The numerical value of Annex in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of Annex in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
But there will be an annex on reservations in some areas that have not been adequately discussed and agreed, wITHOUT CONDITIONALITIES.
The annex will be signed today, the aim is to stop the degradation of habitats important to the community and to start the process of regenerating these habitats.
India wants to annex Nepal's Tarai region. The blockade is a tool that India is using to pressurize Nepal in making the changes in the constitution for India's longer-term political benefits.
It actually was a large space, there were multiple rooms, and there were multiple people in the annex. So we’re creating a certain section of the annex, and you will be able to go through different rooms.
Israel is stealing land specially in the Jordan Valley under the pretext it wants to annex it, this should be a reason for a real and effective intervention by the international community to end such a flagrant and grave aggression which kills all chances of peace.
Images & Illustrations of Annex
Translations for Annex
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- приложе́ние, пристро́йка, присъединявам, приба́вка, допълне́ние, прибавямBulgarian
- annex, annexarCatalan, Valencian
- Nebengebäude, annektieren, AnbauGerman
- anexo, pabellón, anexar, apéndice, extensiónSpanish
- lisäys, laajennus, liite, lisärakennusFinnish
- annexe, annexerFrench
- ath-thaighScottish Gaelic
- annektál, függelék, hozzácsatolHungarian
- 付加物, 別館, 組み入れる, 編入, 付属, 付録, 併合Japanese
- bilagiKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- خستنه سهرKurdish
- aanhangsel, uitbouw, bijlage, annexeren, inlijvenDutch
- anneks, annektereNorwegian
- anexo, anexarPortuguese
- присоединя́ть, приба́вка, пристро́йка, фли́гель, аннекси́ровать, дополне́ние, приложе́ние, крыло́, присоедини́тьRussian
- aneks, anektiratiSerbo-Croatian
- bilaga, införliva, annex, flygel, tillägg, appendix, annektera, tillbyggnadSwedish
- анексува́ти, приє́днувати, приєдна́тиUkrainian
Get even more translations for Annex »
Find a translation for the Annex definition in other languages:
Select another language: