Definitions for Acknowledgement
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Acknowledgement
recognition, acknowledgment, acknowledgement(noun)
the state or quality of being recognized or acknowledged
"the partners were delighted with the recognition of their work"; "she seems to avoid much in the way of recognition or acknowledgement of feminist work prior to her own"
a statement acknowledging something or someone
"she must have seen him but she gave no sign of acknowledgment"; "the preface contained an acknowledgment of those who had helped her"
The act of acknowledging; admission; avowal; owning; confession.
The act of owning or recognizing in a particular character or relationship; recognition as regards the existence, authority, truth, or genuineness.
An award or other expression or token of appreciation.
An expression of gratitude.
A message from the addressee informing the originator that the originator's communication has been received and understood.
a wedding invitation's acknowledgement
A response sent by a receiver to indicate successful receipt of a transmission.
See Wikipedia article on transmission
The act of a man admitting a child as his own.
A formal statement or document recognizing the fulfilment or execution of a legal requirement or procedure.
Translations for Acknowledgement
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- потвърждение, отличие, припознаване, признаниеBulgarian
- reconeixement, agraïmentCatalan, Valencian
- přiznání, uznáníCzech
- Bestätigung, Quittung, Anerkennung, AnerkenntnisGerman
- hyväksyminen, tunnustus, tunnustaminen, tunnustuspalkinto, vastaanottoilmoitus, omistaminen, omistuskirjoitus, todistus, vastaus, myöntäminen, kiitos, hyväksyntä, palkinto, huomionosoitus, kuittausFinnish
- reconnaissance, remerciement, récompenseFrench
- erkenning, kwitantie, ontvangstbevestiging, bevestiging, erkentelijkheid, toekenning, bekentenisDutch
- recunoaștere, chitanță, recunoștință, apreciere, adeverire, recipisăRomanian
Get even more translations for Acknowledgement »
Find a translation for the Acknowledgement definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these Acknowledgement definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"Acknowledgement." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2015. Web. 29 Jul 2015. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/Acknowledgement>.