recognition, acknowledgment, acknowledgement(noun)
the state or quality of being recognized or acknowledged
"the partners were delighted with the recognition of their work"; "she seems to avoid much in the way of recognition or acknowledgement of feminist work prior to her own"
a statement acknowledging something or someone
"she must have seen him but she gave no sign of acknowledgment"; "the preface contained an acknowledgment of those who had helped her"
The act of acknowledging; admission; avowal; owning; confession.
The act of owning or recognizing in a particular character or relationship; recognition as regards the existence, authority, truth, or genuineness.
An award or other expression or token of appreciation.
An expression of gratitude.
A message from the addressee informing the originator that the originator's communication has been received and understood.
a wedding invitation's acknowledgement
A response sent by a receiver to indicate successful receipt of a transmission.
See Wikipedia article on transmission
The act of a man admitting a child as his own.
A formal statement or document recognizing the fulfilment or execution of a legal requirement or procedure.
The numerical value of Acknowledgement in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of Acknowledgement in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Images & Illustrations of Acknowledgement
Translations for Acknowledgement
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- потвърждение, отличие, припознаване, признаниеBulgarian
- reconeixement, agraïmentCatalan, Valencian
- přiznání, uznáníCzech
- Bestätigung, Quittung, Anerkennung, AnerkenntnisGerman
- hyväksyminen, tunnustus, tunnustaminen, tunnustuspalkinto, vastaanottoilmoitus, omistaminen, omistuskirjoitus, todistus, vastaus, myöntäminen, kiitos, hyväksyntä, palkinto, huomionosoitus, kuittausFinnish
- reconnaissance, remerciement, récompenseFrench
- erkenning, kwitantie, ontvangstbevestiging, bevestiging, erkentelijkheid, toekenning, bekentenisDutch
- recunoaștere, chitanță, recunoștință, apreciere, adeverire, recipisăRomanian
Get even more translations for Acknowledgement »
Find a translation for the Acknowledgement definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these Acknowledgement definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"Acknowledgement." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2017. Web. 11 Dec. 2017. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/Acknowledgement>.