Definitions for Accuracyˈæk yər ə si
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Accuracy
the quality of being near to the true value
"he was beginning to doubt the accuracy of his compass"; "the lawyer questioned the truth of my account"
(mathematics) the number of significant figures given in a number
"the atomic clock enabled scientists to measure time with much greater accuracy"
The state of being accurate; freedom from mistakes, this exemption arising from carefulness; exactness; nicety; correctness
The value of testimony depends on its accuracy.
Exact conformity to truth, or to a rule or model; degree of conformity of a measure to a true or standard value.
Origin: * First attested in the 1660's.
the state of being accurate; freedom from mistakes, this exemption arising from carefulness; exact conformity to truth, or to a rule or model; precision; exactness; nicety; correctness; as, the value of testimony depends on its accuracy
Origin: [See Accurate.]
The extent to which a given measurement agrees with the standard value for that measurement.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'Accuracy' in Nouns Frequency: #2072
Images & Illustrations of Accuracy
Translations for Accuracy
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- точност, акуратност, прецизностBulgarian
- præcision, nøjagtighedDanish
- Genauigkeit, PräzisionGerman
- exactitud, precisiónSpanish
- صحت, درستیPersian
- précision, exactitudeFrench
- helyesség, pontosság, precizitásHungarian
- exactitude, precisionInterlingua
- accuratezza, precisione, esattezzaItalian
- 正確性, 確度, 正確, 精密, 精密性Japanese
- دروستی, ڕێکیKurdish
- ketepatan, kejituan, kebenaranMalay
- nauwkeurigheid, precisieDutch
- exatidão, correção, precisãoPortuguese
- precizie, acuratețe, exactitateRomanian
Get even more translations for Accuracy »
Find a translation for the Accuracy definition in other languages:
Select another language: