the quality of being near to the true value
"he was beginning to doubt the accuracy of his compass"; "the lawyer questioned the truth of my account"
(mathematics) the number of significant figures given in a number
"the atomic clock enabled scientists to measure time with much greater accuracy"
The state of being accurate; freedom from mistakes, this exemption arising from carefulness; exactness; nicety; correctness
The value of testimony depends on its accuracy.
Exact conformity to truth, or to a rule or model; degree of conformity of a measure to a true or standard value.
Origin: * First attested in the 1660's.
the state of being accurate; freedom from mistakes, this exemption arising from carefulness; exact conformity to truth, or to a rule or model; precision; exactness; nicety; correctness; as, the value of testimony depends on its accuracy
Origin: [See Accurate.]
The extent to which a given measurement agrees with the standard value for that measurement.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'Accuracy' in Nouns Frequency: #2072
The numerical value of Accuracy in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of Accuracy in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Images & Illustrations of Accuracy
Translations for Accuracy
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- точност, акуратност, прецизностBulgarian
- præcision, nøjagtighedDanish
- Genauigkeit, PräzisionGerman
- exactitud, precisiónSpanish
- صحت, درستیPersian
- précision, exactitudeFrench
- helyesség, pontosság, precizitásHungarian
- exactitude, precisionInterlingua
- accuratezza, precisione, esattezzaItalian
- 正確性, 確度, 正確, 精密, 精密性Japanese
- دروستی, ڕێکیKurdish
- ketepatan, kejituan, kebenaranMalay
- nauwkeurigheid, precisieDutch
- exatidão, correção, precisãoPortuguese
- precizie, acuratețe, exactitateRomanian
Get even more translations for Accuracy »
Find a translation for the Accuracy definition in other languages:
Select another language: