Definitions for AWAREəˈwɛər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word AWARE
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
having knowledge or realization; conscious; cognizant.
informed; alert; knowledgeable:
a politically aware person.
* Syn: See conscious.
Origin of aware:
bef. 1100; ME, var. of iwar, OE gewær watchful =ge-y - +wærware2
aware(p), cognizant, cognisant(adj)
(sometimes followed by `of') having or showing knowledge or understanding or realization or perception
"was aware of his opponent's hostility"; "became aware of her surroundings"; "aware that he had exceeded the speed limit"
bearing in mind; attentive to
"ever mindful of her health"; "mindful of his responsibilities"; "mindful of these criticisms, I shall attempt to justify my action"
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
aware of the dangers of alcohol; aware that this was illegal
to begin to know or realize
She became aware that he had been lying.
environmentally aware; raising public awareness; self awareness
Vigilant or on one's guard against danger or difficulty.
Stay aware! Don't let your guard down.
Conscious or having knowledge of something
Are you aware of what is being said about you?
Origin: From gewær, from ge- (English a-#Etymology 3) + wær (English ware), from ga- + . Replaced plain (unintensified) ware.
watchful; vigilant or on one's guard against danger or difficulty
apprised; informed; cognizant; conscious; as, he was aware of the enemy's designs
Translations for AWARE
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
knowing; informed; conscious (of)
Is he aware of the problem?; Are they aware that I'm coming?
- واع، مُدْرِكArabic
- който знаеBulgarian
- cientePortuguese (BR)
- informovaný, vědomý siCzech
- (sich) bewußtGerman
- klar over; bevidst omDanish
- που έχει επίγνωση, ενήμεροςGreek
- informado; conscienteSpanish
- آگاه؛ مطلعFarsi
- conscient (de)French
- עֵר, מוּדַעHebrew
- tudatában van vminekHungarian
- meðvitandi, vita um, gera sér grein fyrirIcelandic
- consapevole, conscioItalian
- 알고 있는Korean
- žinantis, suprantantisLithuanian
- zinošs; informētsLatvian
- zich bewust vanDutch
- klar over, oppmerksom påNorwegian
- آگاه؛ مطلعPersian
- با خبرPashto
- conştient; în cunoştinţă de cauzăRomanian
- знающий, осведомлённыйRussian
- informovaný, vedomý si (čoho)Slovak
- zavedajoč seSlovenian
- farkında, haberdar, bilincindeTurkish
- 知道的，獲悉，意識到Chinese (Trad.)
- той, що усвідомлює; обізнанийUkrainian
- آگاہ ، واقفUrdu
- nhận thứcVietnamese
- 知道的，意识到的，察觉到的Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for AWARE »
Find a translation for the AWARE definition in other languages:
Select another language: